Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Default FakeTV FTV-10 Burglar Deterrent

On 3/12/2013 2:19 AM, harry wrote:
On Mar 12, 8:07 am, The Daring Dufas the-daring-du...@stinky-
finger.net wrote:
On 3/10/2013 1:01 PM, Jeff wrote:

House Man wrote :

harry used improper usenet message composition style by unnecessarily
full-quoting:

http://www.faketv.com/

Is it true then that 2% of houses in the US are broken in to?

In spite of the fact that there's supposedly a gun in about half of all
US homes - which is supposed to act as a deterrent against this sort of
crime?

A gun will only stop a burglar if the owner is home to use it. Burglars are
cowards that break in when there is nobody home to stop them.

Or is it that the theft of firearms from homes actually *causes* an
increase in home burglary?

Firearms are just one the the things they can take to sell for quick cash
along with jewelry and electronics. If they just wanted a gun to pull off a
robbery they could more easily get it from one of their criminal friends.

I darn near killed a burglar with my bare hands after I came upon him in
my office/warehouse when he made the mistake of throwing a brick at
my face which I dodged then stomped him until he quit twitching. I
thought the vermin was dead but he came to when I started to drag his
corpse out to my truck to find a distant dumpster to deposit it in. It
shook me up that I almost killed a man by reflex so I bought a big
pepper spray canister and started bathing burglars and trespassers with
it after that. o_O

TDD

So, how many burglaries have you experienced Duf?
I don't even know anyone who has been burgled.

Several, it never turned out good for the burglar when I caught him. No,
I haven't shot anyone with bullets just fists, feet and pepper spray. ^_^

TDD