Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Monotronics Home Security

Anyone have any information on this company who is a monitoring service for
home security systems?

Quality of service,
Reputation
Customer service

Thanks,

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 1 Mar 2013 18:00:02 -0500, "Roanin"
wrote:

Anyone have any information on this company who is a monitoring service for
home security systems?

I found this. http://www.monitronics.com/

Quality of service,
Reputation
Customer service

Dang if I know about that, though.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Anyone have any information on this company who is a monitoring service
for
home security systems?

I found this. http://www.monitronics.com/

Quality of service,
Reputation
Customer service

Dang if I know about that, though.

Yes I found that, but that site just totes the company line, so I thought
maybe someone had personal experience with them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Anyone have any information on this company who is a monitoring service for
home security systems?

Quality of service,
Reputation
Customer service

Thanks,

Never heard of them and they don't give a lot of information on the
web page. Do they have local coverage or nation wide? The only show
a handful of states on the pull down menu where you request
information. I did not get that worm and fuzzy felling of security
from the web site. Just not enough information and details.

I'd call the local police/fire dispatch and see if they have ever
heard of them. They should be able to tell you who is local and does
a good job.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Anyone have any information on this company who is a monitoring service for
home security systems?

Quality of service,
Reputation
Customer service

Thanks,

Never heard of them and they don't give a lot of information on the
web page. *Do they have local coverage or nation wide? *The only show
a handful of states on the pull down menu where you request
information. *I did not get that worm and fuzzy felling of security
from the web site. *Just not enough information and details.

I'd call the local police/fire dispatch and see if they have ever
heard of them. *They should be able to tell you who is local and does
a good job.

I don't see the issue of a monitoring service being local. Almost
all home security systems just use a dial-up line or cell to phone
a central monitoring station. Where that station is, hardly
matters. Even huge companies like ADT use a centralized
facility and have no local presence. The monitoring facility
just calls you if it trips and if they can't reach you to find out
if it's a real trip or not, then they call the local police number
that you have given them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Roanin wrote:
Anyone have any information on this company who is a monitoring
service for home security systems?

Quality of service,
Reputation
Customer service

Thanks,

Do a Google search for "monotronics reviews" (no quotes) and evaluate the
91,000+ comments. For example:

"When my mother died this week (July 2012), I found that Monitronics had
gotten her to sign a 3 year contract in 2011 and they were deducting
automatic payments from her bank account. For several years, she has been
very confused and I've paying her bills, all of which are sent to me."

If you're not senile, there should be no problelm.

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
Roanin wrote:
Anyone have any information on this company who is a monitoring
service for home security systems?

Quality of service,
Reputation
Customer service

Thanks,

Do a Google search for "monotronics reviews" (no quotes) and evaluate
the 91,000+ comments. For example:

"When my mother died this week (July 2012), I found that Monitronics
had gotten her to sign a 3 year contract in 2011 and they were
deducting automatic payments from her bank account. For several
years, she has been very confused and I've paying her bills, all of
which are sent to me."
If you're not senile, there should be no problelm.

No I am not senile, just did not use quite the correct terms when searching
on google. I guess the word review wored better than what I used.

Thanks,

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

That is OK for most, but from personal experience, it can be nice to
have a local outfit that knows both the customer and the local police
and fire departments. You get more than just a call to a police call
center. The police no the location of the zone, they will know who is
going to respond, etc.

YMMV
Posted to alt.home.repair

Roanin wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Roanin wrote:
[...]

Questions like this are usually well answered by googling "name" sucks.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Moni...x=&startPage=1

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Does such a thing even exist? Sounds like Mayberry,
circa 1960. I mean there are lots of local security companies
here in NJ, but I don't know of any that have
their own call centers. All the ones I know just farm it out
to someone else. Probably to some of the same places
that you can engage directly for $9.95 instead of paying
the local $35 and them then paying the $9.95.

You get more than just a call to a police call
center. *The police no the location of the zone, they will know who is
going to respond, etc.

The number of the zone that is tripped, if it's fire or
intrusion, etc is normally passed on to the police by
any call center. I don't know what more any sevice
can do beyond that. As for knowing who is going to respond,
have no idea what you mean by that. That would seem
to depend on which cop is closest to the alarm location,
what else they are busy with, etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Or the Internet.

Where that station is, hardly
matters. Even huge companies like ADT use a centralized
facility and have no local presence. The monitoring facility
just calls you if it trips and if they can't reach you to find out
if it's a real trip or not, then they call the local police number
that you have given them.

One thing to check out is your utility company. Some offer pretty
good deals. Our power company (a cooperative, or something similar)
wants $18/mo, I think.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 2 Mar 2013 15:44:29 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

That is OK for most, but from personal experience, it can be nice to
have a local outfit that knows both the customer and the local police
and fire departments.

Does such a thing even exist? Sounds like Mayberry,
circa 1960. I mean there are lots of local security companies
here in NJ, but I don't know of any that have
their own call centers. All the ones I know just farm it out
to someone else. Probably to some of the same places
that you can engage directly for $9.95 instead of paying
the local $35 and them then paying the $9.95.

I don't know how big an area they cover. It is not just one town,
possibly the country or a region of the state. I never asked for
details, but it is not nationwide like ADT.

You get more than just a call to a police call
center. *The police no the location of the zone, they will know who is
going to respond, etc.

The number of the zone that is tripped, if it's fire or
intrusion, etc is normally passed on to the police by
any call center. I don't know what more any sevice
can do beyond that. As for knowing who is going to respond,
have no idea what you mean by that. That would seem
to depend on which cop is closest to the alarm location,
what else they are busy with, etc.

I mean response from the place of the alarm. At work we have a few
potential people so the police will know if Pete or Mark, or whoever
is coming and about how long to get there. If a motion detector is
tripped but none of the intrusion alarms went off, you can be pretty
sure it was caused by something other than a burglar.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

But you are confusing things with the drama. $35/month is the usual cost
if you go for the "all this for $100" adt package. So you are paying
for both the system and the monitoring.

There are at least two local alarm companies in my area that have their
own monitoring. They definitely charge a lot less than $35 just for
monitoring.

You get more than just a call to a police call
center. The police no the location of the zone, they will know who is
going to respond, etc.

The number of the zone that is tripped, if it's fire or
intrusion, etc is normally passed on to the police by
any call center. I don't know what more any sevice
can do beyond that. As for knowing who is going to respond,
have no idea what you mean by that. That would seem
to depend on which cop is closest to the alarm location,
what else they are busy with, etc.

Junior Member

I think there are many companies that are offering security monitoring. Just google it and find any good security company near your area which provide these services. Because its the best way to secure your property from any uncertainty that may happen in the future.

Last edited by Alder : September 13th 14 at 12:05 PM
Junior Member

Many company offering there services online why not you try their services because they also offer cheap rates as well as great performance with a quick access to all the mobile security officer and many other benefits that you want.
Hiring Security Officer is a wise thing?

Last edited by Robin27 : June 14th 13 at 07:26 AM

home security cj Home Repair 17 October 28th 11 09:35 PM
Home Automation Security Systems CCTV Smart Home Alarm LcdInstalltions Intercom Phones World Marketing Home Repair 0 June 16th 08 08:15 PM
AlarmForce | home alarms, home security alarms, home monitoring system, residential alarm system alarm[_2_] Home Repair 0 April 17th 08 10:19 AM
Home repair yes, home security light, not bright-update Spike Home Repair 1 December 20th 05 12:26 PM
Home repair yes, home security light, not bright! Spike Home Repair 6 December 20th 05 01:46 AM