Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Default Something has happened for the 192'nd straight month...

8,830,026:

Americans on Disability Hits New Record for 192nd Straight Month

Yes, your disabled nation is becoming more feeble by the day.

How many of you reading this is collection disability?

(probably most of you)

===============================

February 5, 2013

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/8830...straight-month

The number of American "workers" collecting federal disability payments
climbed to yet another record high of 8,830,026 in January, up from
8,827,795 in December, according to newly released data from the Social
Security Administration.

This is the 192nd straight month that the number of American "workers"
collecting federal disability payments has increased. The last time the
number of Americans collecting disability decreased was in January 1997
(ah Clinton - those were the golden days, weren't they?). That month
the number of workers taking disability dropped by 249 people—from
4,385,623 in December 1996 to 4,385,374 in January 1997.

As the overall number of Americans collecting disability has increased,
the ratio of full-time workers to disability beneficiaries has
decreased.

In December 1968, 1,295,428 Americans collected disability and
65,630,000 worked full-time. Thus, there were about 51 Americans
working full-time for each person collecting disability at that time.
In January 1997, the last time the number of disability beneficiaries
declined, 4,385,374 Americans collected disability and 104,900,000
worked full-time. Thus, there were then about 24 Americans working
full-time for each person collecting disability.

In January 2013, with a record 8,830,026 Americans collecting disability
and 115,918,000 working fulltime, there were only 13 Americans working
full-time for each person collecting disability.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

From: New Record
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

8,830,026:

Americans on Disability Hits New Record for 192nd Straight Month

In the rural south east of the U.S. (not many jobs) where I live, getting
on "Disability" is the ultimate ambition of many "over 50" people. For
some reason it's mostly back-problems that they claim; but they'll use any
excuse.

Yes, your disabled nation is becoming more feeble by the day.

Can't argue with that. In America, why work when it's so easy to be a
welfare bum? No wonder the Chinese are kicking our ass.

How many of you reading this is collection disability?
(probably most of you)

I've lurked here for quite a while, and yes, there do seem to be a lot of
"disabled" people here. Do a search of the archive and see how many times
"disability" or "disabled" pop up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, February 6, 2013 8:07:38 AM UTC-5, BillyBobT wrote:
Can't argue with that. In America, why work when it's so easy to be a
welfare bum? No wonder the Chinese are kicking our ass.

Yeah, and the people that are truly disabled, who paid into the system for 40 years without ever asking for a penny back, who truly *NEED* the money to survive are denied.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 2/5/2013 9:43 PM, New Record wrote:
[...]

Wow, I had just read the worker to disabled ratio was 18 to 1.

I guess they include SSD in SS figures where it is said there are 2
workers for every one SS recipient. A few years ago I heard that 40% of
SS funds went to those other than the elderly.

I've known a lot of people on SSD. One hunter, with a bad back, went
bow hunting one morning, climbed a tree with a portable stand, killed a
deer, took it home and hung it to butcher that night. That afternoon he
went out and repeated the process bringing home a 2nd deer. I know the
guy truly has a bad back and has needed several surgeries, but my God,
there must have been some work available for him in his condition.

Companies in pruning their work force will put company lawyers on a
worker's case to help him get SSD and get rid of him making him a
society burden.

One of my sons dealt with workman's comp in the state issues. He said
it was becoming the new welfare. Panels determining workman's comp
cases were hack retired politicians or lawyers double dipping. Doctors
could get more money treating those on workman's comp and loved having
the patients. I'm sure SSD is riddled with the same corruption.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

New Record wrote:
8,830,026:

Americans on Disability Hits New Record for 192nd Straight Month

And how many of them are victims of Bush's 2 wars?

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Bob F wrote:
New Record wrote:
8,830,026:

Americans on Disability Hits New Record for 192nd Straight Month

And how many of them are victims of Bush's 2 wars?

Virtually none. Most are victims of the current administration's economic
policies.

What does one do when unemployment insurance runs out and a job is not
available? Answer: Apply for disability.

Aside from the threshold for disability being absurdly low, the fact that a
person can't find a job axiomatically implies there's something so wrong
with that person that no one will hire him. All that remains is to put a
name to person's malady.

Disability proved.

You think I jest? My wife is a very rare critter: a conservative social
worker*. Recently she was offered a job interviewing, and marking for
disability, those who were long-term unemployed.

As explained to her, she would visit with the subject for an hour and
prepare a report identifying the probable disease or defect. The supervising
psychiarist would attach her report, over his signature, to Social Security.
In turn, the SSA would screech: "Give him the money!"

The person who offered her the job was even thinking of passing out business
cards at the unemployment office.

I tell you, they have no shame! On the other hand, the people affected
didn't make the rules so they really can't be blamed for playing by them.

---------
* She's a smart cookie: BS, BA, MSW, MBA. And CYI (Certified Yoga
Instructor).

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 2/7/2013 6:54 AM, HeyBub wrote:
Bob F wrote:
New Record wrote:
8,830,026:

Americans on Disability Hits New Record for 192nd Straight Month

And how many of them are victims of Bush's 2 wars?

Virtually none. Most are victims of the current administration's economic
policies.

CURRENT administration? Hogwash.

What does one do when unemployment insurance runs out and a job is not
available? Answer: Apply for disability.

Been going on for decades...began to evolve in the nineties to get folks
back to work, adjust for physical limitations, rather than pay them to
do nothing. My experience in Florida with managed care was
enlightening...Florida passed Workers Comp law to require managed care
in the nineties, and it cut costs substantially but the whole system is
still a quagmire, as is US healthcare in general.

Aside from the threshold for disability being absurdly low, the fact that a
person can't find a job axiomatically implies there's something so wrong
with that person that no one will hire him. All that remains is to put a
name to person's malady.

Disability proved.

You think I jest? My wife is a very rare critter: a conservative social
worker*. Recently she was offered a job interviewing, and marking for
disability, those who were long-term unemployed.

As explained to her, she would visit with the subject for an hour and
prepare a report identifying the probable disease or defect. The supervising
psychiarist would attach her report, over his signature, to Social Security.
In turn, the SSA would screech: "Give him the money!"

As a MSW, she probably is trained to test and assess mental/emotional
problems? Unless she is not competent in that area, or falsifies
records, it makes sense?

The person who offered her the job was even thinking of passing out business
cards at the unemployment office.

I tell you, they have no shame! On the other hand, the people affected
didn't make the rules so they really can't be blamed for playing by them.

I've seen all kinds in doing WC case management, including handicapped
people who would die before they miss work ) OTOH, "faking it" is
sometimes the means to survive...single income family,
disabled/unemployed spouse, handicapped kid, and the worker is needed at
home. WTF are they supposed to do? Of course, there are the videos of
guys "crippled" by bad backs up on the roof installing new roofs. Have
seen some terrific, englightening videos myself,,,the "gotcha" kind )
I had a theory that about half the boats in Florida were purchased on
disability payments....wish I had kept track of all the roofers, lawn
care guys, painters, who were "disabled" before they moved to
Florida....the tax-free income is nice to have.

---------
* She's a smart cookie: BS, BA, MSW, MBA. And CYI (Certified Yoga
Instructor).

Another element in the caseload is the fact that folks survive lots of
conditions that once were fatal....tiny preemies, organ transplants, etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Whatzat? Some imbecile posting yet another pointless poisonous
political piece of pish-tosh of no pertinent import? **** off!

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

Positively pontless, pondering perhaps pontification,
ponscillious personoflage piddling peckerwood pus
filled pendulator?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org