Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Unused water heater, leave full or empty?

The Daring Dufas wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

Existential Angst wrote:

Sounds like bidet temperature.... lol

You mean one of those French made pet water fountains in a bathroom. ^_^

Shouldn't you use ice water for those?

I suppose it depends on whether or not your dog likes ice water? O_o

You've never seen a dog go berserk over ice cubes? Or give you a
dirty look, because all the ice has melted & the water in their bowl is
warm?

The Rotthuahua that adopted me doesn't like the cold. Actually her name
is Sandy, a Red Chihuahua who thinks she's a Rottweiler and her little
mouth is so tiny, a normal sized ice cube is too big for her anyway.
Heck, the body temperature of those barking rats is normally ±101°F and
it's surprisingly cold at floor level which is why Sandy is always
finding something to burrow under like a coat, towel or blanket to stay
warm. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

The Daring Dufas wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

Existential Angst wrote:

Sounds like bidet temperature.... lol

You mean one of those French made pet water fountains in a bathroom.
^_^

Shouldn't you use ice water for those?

I suppose it depends on whether or not your dog likes ice water? O_o

You've never seen a dog go berserk over ice cubes? Or give you a
dirty look, because all the ice has melted & the water in their bowl is
warm?

Tried that with my dog
Picked out the ice cubes and dropped them next to the bowl and ignored them
while they melted and made a puddle.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 06 Feb 2013 08:00:26 -0600, The Daring Dufas

The Daring Dufas wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

Existential Angst wrote:

Sounds like bidet temperature.... lol

You mean one of those French made pet water fountains in a bathroom. ^_^

Shouldn't you use ice water for those?

I suppose it depends on whether or not your dog likes ice water? O_o

You've never seen a dog go berserk over ice cubes? Or give you a
dirty look, because all the ice has melted & the water in their bowl is
warm?

The Rotthuahua that adopted me doesn't like the cold. Actually her name
is Sandy, a Red Chihuahua who thinks she's a Rottweiler and her little
mouth is so tiny, a normal sized ice cube is too big for her anyway.
Heck, the body temperature of those barking rats is normally ±101°F and
it's surprisingly cold at floor level which is why Sandy is always
finding something to burrow under like a coat, towel or blanket to stay
warm. ^_^

All dogs have a body temperature of 101-102F, no? Rat-dogs just have
a lot more surface area (per weight) than large dogs.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

The Daring Dufas wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

Existential Angst wrote:

Sounds like bidet temperature.... lol

You mean one of those French made pet water fountains in a bathroom.
^_^

Shouldn't you use ice water for those?

I suppose it depends on whether or not your dog likes ice water? O_o

You've never seen a dog go berserk over ice cubes? Or give you a
dirty look, because all the ice has melted & the water in their bowl is
warm?

Tried that with my dog
Picked out the ice cubes and dropped them next to the bowl and ignored them
while they melted and made a puddle.

Some dogs are weird. Of course, living in Florida where their water
can hit 120 degrees out in the sun may make a difference.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

The Daring Dufas wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

You've never seen a dog go berserk over ice cubes? Or give you a
dirty look, because all the ice has melted & the water in their bowl is
warm?

The Rotthuahua that adopted me doesn't like the cold. Actually her name
is Sandy, a Red Chihuahua who thinks she's a Rottweiler and her little
mouth is so tiny, a normal sized ice cube is too big for her anyway.
Heck, the body temperature of those barking rats is normally ±101°F and
it's surprisingly cold at floor level which is why Sandy is always
finding something to burrow under like a coat, towel or blanket to stay
warm. ^_^

The ****zu by dad & step mom had would sit out in the yard, and lay
on snow when it was below freezing. Maggie loved to have her bowl full
of ice water & cubes to chew on.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

The Daring Dufas wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

Existential Angst wrote:

[...]

The goofy little dog burrows under the blankets with me and is like a
four legged hot water bottle and sometimes the little critter will lick
my knee and of course it tickles but it feels like a big Q-tip dipped in
hot water. An Internet search shows a normal body temp of up to 102.5°F
for the mini-mutts. ^_^

TDD
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'The Daring Dufas[_8_
;The goofy little dog burrows under the blankets with me and is like a
four legged hot water bottle and sometimes the little critter will lick
my knee and of course it tickles but it feels like a big Q-tip dipped in
hot water. An Internet search shows a normal body temp of up to 102.5°F
for the mini-mutts. ^_^
TDD
This is trivia, but the 1970's rock band named "Three Dog Night" got it's name from the Inuit practice of sleeping with their sled dogs in the snow shelters they would make for themselves every night. That's because dogs have a higher metabolic rate than people so their body temperature is higher, and sleeping with dogs is like sleeping with hot water bottles. A three dog night would, according to Inuit hunters, be a very cold night.

PS: The term "Inuit" refers to the indigenous peoples of northern Alaska, nothern Canada and Greenland, and means "people" in the native language of the Inuit. If any of the Americans in here ever get up to Alaska, northern Canada or Greenland, keep in mind that the Inuit consider the word "eskimo" to be a derogatory slur (but not nearly as derogatory or insulting as the "N" word is to African Americans). That's cuz the word "eskimo" is what the early Europeans settlers referred to these people as, and in the Inuit language the word "eskimo" roughly translates to "eater of raw meat". The Inuit have long felt that was an insulting label.

The government of Canada trains some Inuit people to be it's eyes and ears in the North. These people make regular patrols in the remotest regions of our northern islands and are trained to identify foreign (notably Soviet and Danish) military activity in Northern Canada and report that activity back to the Canadian government. This reconnaisance is especially important in the area between Baffin Island and Greenland where the ownership of Hans Island (and therefore the ownership of the associated mineral resources and fishing rights) is in dispute. This group of Inuit are officially part of the Canadian military and are known as the "Canadian Rangers". The role of the Canadian Rangers will increase in importance as global warming opens up a year-round ice-free sea route between Europe and the far East.

Canadian Rangers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by nestork : February 7th 13 at 08:44 AM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 08:27:35 +0000, nestork
wrote:

'The Daring Dufas[_8_ Wrote:
;The goofy little dog burrows under the blankets with me and is like a
four legged hot water bottle and sometimes the little critter will lick
my knee and of course it tickles but it feels like a big Q-tip dipped
in
hot water. An Internet search shows a normal body temp of up to 102.5°F
for the mini-mutts. ^_^
TDD

This is trivia, but the 1970's rock band named "Three Dog Night" got
it's name from the Inuit practice of sleeping with their sled dogs in
the snow shelters they would make for themselves every night. That's
because dogs have a higher metabolic rate than people so their body
temperature is higher, and sleeping with dogs is like sleeping with hot
water bottles. A three dog night would, according to Inuit hunters, be
a very cold night.

c/Inuit/Aborigines/
c/dog/Dingo

PS: The term "Inuit" refers to the indigenous peoples of northern
Alaska, nothern Canada and Greenland, and means "people" in the native
language of the Inuit. If any of the Americans in here ever get up to
Alaska, northern Canada or Greenland, keep in mind that the Inuit
consider the word "eskimo" to be a derogatory slur (but not nearly as
derogatory or insulting as the "N" word is to African Americans).
That's cuz the word "eskimo" is what the early Europeans settlers
referred to these people as, and in the Inuit language the word "eskimo"
roughly translates to "eater of raw meat". The Inuit have long felt
that was an insulting label.

What do they think of being called Aborigines?

The government of Canada trains some Inuit people to be it's eyes and
ears in the North. These people make regular patrols in the remotest
regions of our northern islands and are trained to identify foreign
(notably Soviet and Danish) military activity in Northern Canada and
report that activity back to the Canadian government. This
reconnaisance is especially important in the area between Baffin Island
and Greenland where the ownership of Hans Island (and therefore the
ownership of the associated mineral resources and fishing rights) is in
dispute. This group of Inuit are officially part of the Canadian
military and are known as the "Canadian Rangers". The role of the
Canadian Rangers will increase in importance as global warming opens up
a year-round ice-free sea route between Europe and the far East.

What does Canuckistan do with Aborigines?

'Canadian Rangers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Rangers)

Since you're using Wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_D...nd_name_origin
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/7/2013 2:27 AM, nestork wrote:
'The Daring Dufas[_8_ Wrote:
;The goofy little dog burrows under the blankets with me and is like a
four legged hot water bottle and sometimes the little critter will lick
my knee and of course it tickles but it feels like a big Q-tip dipped
in
hot water. An Internet search shows a normal body temp of up to 102.5°F
for the mini-mutts. ^_^
TDD

This is trivia, but the 1970's rock band named "Three Dog Night" got
it's name from the Inuit practice of sleeping with their sled dogs in
the snow shelters they would make for themselves every night. That's
because dogs have a higher metabolic rate than people so their body
temperature is higher, and sleeping with dogs is like sleeping with hot
water bottles. A three dog night would, according to Inuit hunters, be
a very cold night.

I thought the "Three do night" reference involved a practice of the
Australian Aborigines? That's what I remember anyway. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

'The Daring Dufas[_8_ Wrote:
[...]

I just noticed I missed the "G" in dog. "do", I could have been
referring to three hairdos. ^_^

TDD