Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Step stools

I do not like the stepstool we have now because the horizontal
distance between the front of the bottom step and the front of the
top step is less than 4.4 inches. (The stepstool has just two
steps.) It is also rather heavy because it is made of steel.

Can anyone recommend an aluminum stepstool with a greater horizontal
distance between steps? (I do not like hitting my shins on the top
step when I am standing on the bottom step.) Thank you in advance
for any help.
--
When I am in the kitchen, I often kick one of my cat's balls.
After I kick it, he will sometimes play with it for a few
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 2, 11:57*am, Daniel Prince wrote:
I do not like the stepstool we have now because the horizontal
distance between the front of the bottom step and the front of the
top step is less than 4.4 inches. *(The stepstool has just two
steps.) *It is also rather heavy because it is made of steel.

Can anyone recommend an aluminum stepstool with a greater horizontal
distance between steps? *(I do not like hitting my shins on the top
step when I am standing on the bottom step.) *Thank you in advance
for any help.
--

We have a two step step stool by Cosco.
It's an older model 11-159-SPGY (cannot find it on the web)

It is similar to
Cosco Two Step Household Folding Step Stool
Product Model: #11135CLGG4

It's steel by not overly heavy, I can easily handle it with one hand.
I'm guessing close to 10 lbs...definitely not 15 lbs.

The bottom step is pretty deep as is the top step.... these are not
typical ladder treads.
The bottom step to top step face offset is at least 5" but definitely
not 5.5".

I'm not sure if the newer models give the large step offset.

http://www.coscoproducts.com/eng/Pro...stools/2-step/

Cosco also makes aluminum ones but they tend to be more like step
ladders with a landing platform.
The lower treads are "step ladder" sized and give very little offset
by nature of the ladder design.

cheers
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/2/2013 1:57 PM, Daniel Prince wrote:
I do not like the stepstool we have now because the horizontal
distance between the front of the bottom step and the front of the
top step is less than 4.4 inches. (The stepstool has just two
steps.) It is also rather heavy because it is made of steel.

Can anyone recommend an aluminum stepstool with a greater horizontal
distance between steps? (I do not like hitting my shins on the top
step when I am standing on the bottom step.) Thank you in advance
for any help.

I would go to the nearest shopping place, Walmart, Target, Home
Depot, Lowes, etc. and look at their selection. That way
you can easily see what is available.

Bill
Posted to alt.home.repair

Daniel Prince wrote:
I do not like the stepstool we have now because the horizontal
distance between the front of the bottom step and the front of the
top step is less than 4.4 inches. (The stepstool has just two
steps.) It is also rather heavy because it is made of steel.

Can anyone recommend an aluminum stepstool with a greater horizontal
distance between steps? (I do not like hitting my shins on the top
step when I am standing on the bottom step.) Thank you in advance
for any help.

Inasmuch as this is a home repair group, I assume you have a saw and a
screwdriver.

A short trip to the box store for some wood, glue, and screws, plus an
afternoon's piddlying should be sufficient for you to construct a step-stool
that exactly meets your preferences.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 3 Feb 2013 11:18:48 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Daniel Prince wrote:
I do not like the stepstool we have now because the horizontal
distance between the front of the bottom step and the front of the
top step is less than 4.4 inches. (The stepstool has just two
steps.) It is also rather heavy because it is made of steel.

Can anyone recommend an aluminum stepstool with a greater horizontal
distance between steps? (I do not like hitting my shins on the top
step when I am standing on the bottom step.) Thank you in advance
for any help.

Inasmuch as this is a home repair group, I assume you have a saw and a
screwdriver.

A short trip to the box store for some wood, glue, and screws, plus an
afternoon's piddlying should be sufficient for you to construct a step-stool
that exactly meets your preferences.

If steel was "too heavy", wood certainly isn't going to meet his
needs. ...and I'd hate to see him whine if he got a splinter in his
shins.