Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Default Electric Shavers: Design/function vs. performance

Yeah, electric razor weenie over here...... And a Norelco Weenie, at dat,
altho not without some considerable misgivings.

Always thought the Norelco design was flat out the most logical, direct,
best. Circular always better than reciprocating right?
Hmmmm, but mebbe it's time to try a Braun or sumpn....

One of my Norelco's is over 30 years old. Not much left of it, but it still
goes. And in fact it's essentially BETTER than my modernized versions, one
of which had one of the cutters actually eat *thru* the screen already,
after, what, mebbe 1 hr accrued use???!!!! Heh, still use that one, as
well, albeit carefully.....

ALL of them are now patch jobs, one of which is just stripped to the motor,
with a 5V walwart for power.
That was the rechargeable, with non-removeable NiCads....
thankyouNorelco..... ergo the strip job.

So not really impressed with much about them, just can't get myself to go
reciprocating, but mebbe it's time.

Worse than the norelco's is the HF rotary.... holy ****, it was free, and
even THEN not worth it....

I spose I could test these in Macy's or sumpn, right?? But I have trouble
eating in pubic, much less shaving in pubic. Heh, still have nightmares
about sleepaway camp.... goodgawd.....
Lately, I do most of my shaving in le car/truck -- ticketable offense?
Proly, w/ my luck...

Mebbe I should just get waxed?? All over??

So what's the take of others on design/function vs. actual shaving
performance? Shoulda axed this before Xmas, I spose, eh??
--
EA

OT Electric Shavers - mens views needed sweetheart[_2_] UK diy 60 January 13th 11 09:17 PM
OT - electric shavers? Lobster UK diy 21 November 17th 07 12:04 PM
Electric shavers - feedback F UK diy 14 September 11th 06 10:54 PM
Electric shavers Dave Baker UK diy 14 August 2nd 06 10:45 AM
Which le better electric or blade shavers? Kate Fights, I Cry Electronics 5 May 12th 05 11:37 AM