Posted to uk.d-i-y
F F is offline

Default Electric shavers - feedback

'Dave' bought a Panasonic electric shaver after a brief discussion on
here at the beginning of August. As my present shaver looks to be on the
verge of packing in I wondered what the verdict was on the Panasonic...

--
Frank
Posted to uk.d-i-y

F wrote:
'Dave' bought a Panasonic electric shaver after a brief discussion on
here at the beginning of August. As my present shaver looks to be on the
verge of packing in I wondered what the verdict was on the Panasonic...

google Mr steel beard.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

F wrote:
'Dave' bought a Panasonic electric shaver after a brief discussion on
here at the beginning of August. As my present shaver looks to be on the
verge of packing in I wondered what the verdict was on the Panasonic...

--
Frank

Haven't a clue personally, I was bought the BRAUN 5612 some time ago
which was great when first used. But, how often to change the foils?
And all that cleaning! And you still get a pinch and pull now and then
which really puts you in a foul mood first thing.

I'm currently using Gillette Mach3 wet shavers which are fantastic...
the ultrasonic vibrations really work well and each shave is a pleasure
and the results: SaaBB! But the cost of the blades are horrendous
although they do last for about 5-8 shaves each.

On the Panasonic, here's some Google hits...
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...ws&btnG=Search within results

deano.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
F F is offline

On 08/09/2006 23:07 deano wrote:

Haven't a clue personally

Thanks, but I was hoping for a response from Dave.

--
Frank
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 15:07:26 -0700, deano wrote:

I'm currently using Gillette Mach3 wet shavers ...
But the cost of the
blades are horrendous although they do last for about 5-8 shaves each.

5-8? Pussy ;-)
I get about 24 out of mine, if its not removing skin and drawing blood
there's still life in it.

--
Mike W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

visionset wrote:
I get about 24 out of mine, if its not removing skin and drawing blood
there's still life in it.

A bit of blood? Nowt wrong with a bit of blood!

Never, ever found an electric shaver that I was happy with, OTOH.
--
Rob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"F" wrote in message
'Dave' bought a Panasonic electric shaver after a brief discussion on here
at the beginning of August. As my present shaver looks to be on the verge
of packing in I wondered what the verdict was on the Panasonic...

Forget about that Panasonic. Get a Philishave Speed-XL.

Sylvain.
--
Frank

Posted to uk.d-i-y

F wrote:

'Dave' bought a Panasonic electric shaver after a brief discussion on
here at the beginning of August. As my present shaver looks to be on the
verge of packing in I wondered what the verdict was on the Panasonic...

well, since Dave hasnt joined in...

The Panasonic linears are the closest cleanest shave of all, but very
aggressive.

Philishaves are close cut but irritate many skins and cause ingrowing
hairs

Braun syncros are a gentle non-irritating shave, though not as close as
the other 2 and not very good on neck hairs. Overpriced too.

Remington imitation philishaves are somewhat like Philiips shavers of
the 70s, dont cut as close, catch on some hairs, are a pain to clean,
and are generally not as good as philips.

And the cheap linear foil ones are just not as effective as the above
types.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , F
writes
'Dave' bought a Panasonic electric shaver after a brief discussion on
here at the beginning of August. As my present shaver looks to be on
the verge of packing in I wondered what the verdict was on the
Panasonic...

I've got one

it works OK, the battery seems to last

as good as any other

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

visionset wrote:
On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 15:07:26 -0700, deano wrote:

I'm currently using Gillette Mach3 wet shavers ...
But the cost of the
blades are horrendous although they do last for about 5-8 shaves each.

5-8? Pussy ;-)
I get about 24 out of mine, if its not removing skin and drawing blood
there's still life in it.

--
Mike W

I am like Mr Steel Beard, my beard is like steel wool... it's not the
blood... they just don't cut the hair after 8 shaves! This is
particularly true when I've been out on the **** the night before...
for some reason, my beard grows even thicker/more coarse! Either that
or I'm getting so rat-arsed that I miss a day sleeping ;-)

d.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
F F is offline

On 09/09/2006 21:17 raden wrote:

I've got one

Panasonic ES8163?

--
Frank
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , F
writes
On 09/09/2006 21:17 raden wrote:

I've got one

Panasonic ES8163?

Prolly ...

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Haven't a clue personally, I was bought the BRAUN 5612 some time ago
which was great when first used. But, how often to change the foils?
And all that cleaning! And you still get a pinch and pull now and then
which really puts you in a foul mood first thing.

I agree. I had an electric for a while. It was always manky, despite
spending hours cleaning the thing. It pulled at the hair, so that
occassionally you would be in intense pain. The blades went blunt pretty
quick. The replacement blades cost an absolute fortune. These things cost
loads to run (both time and money) compared with a blade razor.

I'm currently using Gillette Mach3 wet shavers which are fantastic...
the ultrasonic vibrations really work well and each shave is a pleasure
and the results: SaaBB! But the cost of the blades are horrendous
although they do last for about 5-8 shaves each.

Try the new Fusion Power. It is like the M3Power, but better.

I was very sceptical about the "power" Gilette razors, but had to buy one
once, as it was all that was left. I'll never go back. I find I get a lot
more than 5-8 shaves from each blade. They last at least a month for me.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Christian McArdle wrote:
I was very sceptical about the "power" Gilette razors, but had to buy one
once, as it was all that was left. I'll never go back. I find I get a lot
more than 5-8 shaves from each blade. They last at least a month for me.

Maybe someone else is using my expensive M3 blades!
I'll have to speak to the missus and see if she's been using them for
her nether regions!!!
(maybe that's 'never' regions, as I 'never' seem to get there...

d.