Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gun Deaths DOWN in Australia Since Gun Ban

Okay, you don't believe it? Here's an article from Snopes:
http://www.snopes.com/crime/statistics/ausguns.asp

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 24, 5:06 am, "David Kaye" wrote:
Okay, you don't believe it? Here's an article from Snopes:http://www.snopes.com/crime/statistics/ausguns.asp

97.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot........
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/24/2012 6:09 AM, Robert wrote:
On Dec 24, 5:06 am, "David Kaye" wrote:
Okay, you don't believe it? Here's an article from Snopes:http://www.snopes.com/crime/statistics/ausguns.asp

97.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot........

Boomerang murders are up 98% in Australia. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Wait till they ban high capacity assault kangaroos.

Pouch capacity of 7 or less.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
On 12/24/2012 6:09 AM, Robert wrote:
On Dec 24, 5:06 am, "David Kaye" wrote:
Okay, you don't believe it? Here's an article from Snopes:
http://www.snopes.com/crime/statistics/ausguns.asp

97.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot........

Boomerang murders are up 98% in Australia. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Per David Kaye:
Okay, you don't believe it? Here's an article from Snopes:
http://www.snopes.com/crime/statistics/ausguns.asp

I found that tb an enlightening discussion of some of the
fallacies involved when people cite statistics.

There is more detail about Australia's ban in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Australia

--
Pete Cresswell

Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert wrote in
:

On Dec 24, 5:06 am, "David Kaye" wrote:
Okay, you don't believe it? Here's an article from
Snopes:http://www.snopes.com/crime/statistics/ausguns.asp

97.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot........

I once saw a stat like: "We are 98% right 25% of the time".
Posted to alt.home.repair

i own 3 guns myself,

but if this turns into some New Norm for America,
are we really going to just accept it?

mainstream elementary school kids bringing guns to school!?
come on

young people, and immature people, do stupid things,
and unhappy people, and people with psychological problems,
and couples who have broken up, and on and on

300 Million guns in america?

marc
Posted to alt.home.repair

I am the author of the 50/80 rule.

If there is a 50/50 choice, there is an
80% chance of getting it wrong.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Red Green" wrote in message

97.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot........

I once saw a stat like: "We are 98% right 25% of the time".

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 06:46:21 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Boomerang murders are up 98% in Australia. ^_^

TDD

Kangaroo courts are hoppin' busy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 12:46:35 -0800 (PST), marco
wrote:

i own 3 guns myself,

but if this turns into some New Norm for America,
are we really going to just accept it?

So you think you're better than everyone else?

mainstream elementary school kids bringing guns to school!?
come on

Strawman alert!

young people, and immature people, do stupid things,
and unhappy people, and people with psychological problems,
and couples who have broken up, and on and on

Strawman alert!

300 Million guns in america?

The way they're going out the store, it'll be 400M by summer.
Unfortunately, there just isn't any ammo left on the shelves. I was
going to give SWMBO a box of .380 for Christmas, but WallyWorld was
out. ...of EVERYTHING. *poof!*

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 12:46:35 -0800 (PST), marco
wrote:

i own 3 guns myself

Dear Liberal Stanford University Student:

Can you carry a gun on campus?
Posted to alt.home.repair

David Kaye wrote:
Okay, you don't believe it? Here's an article from Snopes:
http://www.snopes.com/crime/statistics/ausguns.asp

That's Australia.

In the U.S., gun crime went UP during the gun ban.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Per HeyBub:
Okay, you don't believe it? Here's an article from Snopes:
http://www.snopes.com/crime/statistics/ausguns.asp

That's Australia.

In the U.S., gun crime went UP during the gun ban.

After reading the Snopes article with it's sever observations on
how statistics can mislead, I'm reluctant to take *any* statistic
at face value.

--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 03:06:34 -0800, "David Kaye"
wrote:

Okay, you don't believe it? Here's an article from Snopes:
http://www.snopes.com/crime/statistics/ausguns.asp

People in AU have more fear of going out after dark then people in the
US.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ashton Crusher wrote:
"David wrote:

Okay, you don't believe it? Here's an article from Snopes:
http://www.snopes.com/crime/statistics/ausguns.asp

People in AU have more fear of going out after dark then people
in the US.

I know they don't drive at night in most parts of
Western Australia and on the Nullabor because of
kangaroos. But I've been out at nights with mates
in urban areas across OZ.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 26 Dec 2012 04:29:04 +0000 (UTC), (Dick
Adams) wrote:

Ashton Crusher wrote:
"David wrote:

Okay, you don't believe it? Here's an article from Snopes:
http://www.snopes.com/crime/statistics/ausguns.asp

People in AU have more fear of going out after dark then people
in the US.

I know they don't drive at night in most parts of
Western Australia and on the Nullabor because of
kangaroos. But I've been out at nights with mates
in urban areas across OZ.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...y-walking-dark

Look who's at teh bottom of the list (three of the staunchest anti-gun
countries) and who is near the top (the US). People in the US OVERALL
have less fear of going out in the dark then the people in the UK, AU,
and NZ. Tells you just how safe all those disarmed citizens feel. And
how empowered all the criminals are.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote

That's Australia.

In the U.S., gun crime went UP during the gun ban.

You don't know because the BATF has not released gun-specific tallies. Why
not? Because the NRA managed to get a rider to an appropriations bill
passed that prevents the BATF from releasing this data.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I am the author of the 50/80 rule.

If there is a 50/50 choice, there is an
80% chance of getting it wrong.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

I truly believe this, based on most of your posts.