Posted to alt.home.repair

Default DTV related accidents and deaths

You're an idiot if you believe that!

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 15:02:42 -0600, Jimw wrote:

With any hope, Obama will
have more sense than previous politicians.

Posted to alt.home.repair

My guess is that someone wanted the changeover to be on January 1st
but people came to their senses and put the change off until after the
Super Bowl.

And at the time they didn't want to wait until summer since the later
it was, possibly the less that companies would have bid at auction for
the spectrum space being vacated.

I don't think it'll be a big deal for the broadcasters to go to high
power right at the changeover date, since they've been testing their
transmitters late at night for the past year or so.

Shaun Eli
www.BrainChampagne.com
Brain Champagne: Clever Comedy for Smart Minds (sm)
"Business School... in About an Hour"-- new one-man show
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 13:59:17 -0800 (PST), Shaun Eli
wrote:

My guess is that someone wanted the changeover to be on January 1st
but people came to their senses and put the change off until after the
Super Bowl.

So that is why they chose that date !!!
I was wondering why......

And at the time they didn't want to wait until summer since the later
it was, possibly the less that companies would have bid at auction for
the spectrum space being vacated.

I guess that makes sense.....

I don't think it'll be a big deal for the broadcasters to go to high
power right at the changeover date, since they've been testing their
transmitters late at night for the past year or so.

Guess I'll have to connect my converter late at night and see what
happens. I connected it when I bought it, but a few days later I
removed it and went back to analog since I was not getting any
stations.

Shaun Eli

Thanks for the replies !
Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 15:28:55 -0600, Gordon Shumway
wrote:

You're an idiot if you believe that!

It never fails. No matter what anyone posts on any newsgroup, there
is some asshole that replies with name calling.
I'm glad my news software has a good killfile!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

You're an idiot if you believe that!

It never fails. No matter what anyone posts on any newsgroup, there
is some asshole that replies with name calling.
I'm glad my news software has a good killfile!!!

Why is that? So you can be in here by yourself?