Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Default Walmart is your Friend

I keep seeing posts on this newsgroup cutting down Walmart. To those
posting these messages, KNOCK IT OFF!

Walmart is your friend.

If it was not for Walmart importing all their wonderful products from
China, we'd all have jobs, and that means we would have to suffer
working each and everyday. I know you'd rather not have to go to work,
so you can watch that imported tv you got at Walmart and talk on that
imported Walmart cellphone between the tv commercials, unless you're in
the kitchen making a snack on your imported Walmart appliances, or
you're working in your workshop using your imported Walmart tools.

Walmart is your friend.

They get the Chinese to do all the work that you'd have to do if it was
not for imports. So quit bad mouthing your friendly Walmart.
Besides that, if you want a job and dont want to work, just get a job as
a greeter at Walmart. Guaranteed minimum wage, and a weekly drug check
to make sure you're not accidentally taking someone else's
prescriptions. What more can you ask of life! Get paid for saying
"hello" to people, and get a free urine check to make sure you're
healthy. It's a Win-Win situation.

Walmart loves you. It even says so in the Bible, if you re-translate
the Hebrew version.

Remember: Walmart is your friend.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

I wonder what happens, if you retranslate the
Book of Mormon, and change Nephite, to
Walmartian?

That sure is interesting question.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 11/27/2012 1:27 AM, wrote:
[...]

Walmart is not the problem.
Walmart exists because...
Cheap-Ass consumers want the absolutely lowest cost items...
and we want them NOW!
Globalization that puts foreign competition at your fingertips.
High US standard of living and commensurate salary demands.
US taxes and regulations that cause corporate profits to increase
if they outsource.

As world standard of living normalizes, it happens somewhere in the middle.
For most of US, that's DOWN...WAY DOWN.

Think how unhappy you'd be if you had to pay what it would cost
to manufacture
that big screen TV with US wages and US taxes and US environmental
restrictions.
And it still wouldn't mater, cuz Apple would still build products with
outsourced labor and materials.

Walmart is indeed your friend.
Your enemy can be found in your mirror.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Nov 27, 1:49*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I wonder what happens, if you *retranslate the
Book of Mormon, and change Nephite, to
Walmartian?

That sure is interesting question.

Is there an Egyptian word for Walmart?
Hey, we'll never know as the original was"lost"

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 07:31:07 -0800, mike wrote:

Walmart is not the problem.
Walmart exists because...
Cheap-Ass consumers want the absolutely lowest cost items...
and we want them NOW!

Walmart is indeed your friend.
Your enemy can be found in your mirror.

Thanks, you save me a lot of typing because I would have said the same
exact thing.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

mike wrote:
Minor correction:

Globalization that puts foreign competition at your fingertips.
High US standard of living and commensurate salary demands.
US taxes and regulations that cause corporate profits to increase
if they outsource.

Virtually every company "outsources." Many necessary jobs are contracted
with firms outside the company; cleaning, accounting, advertising, employee
recruitment, and so on.

I think the word you're looking for is "off-shoring."

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 11/27/2012 02:55 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 07:31:07 -0800, mike wrote:

Walmart is not the problem.
Walmart exists because...
Cheap-Ass consumers want the absolutely lowest cost items...
and we want them NOW!

Walmart is indeed your friend.
Your enemy can be found in your mirror.

Thanks, you save me a lot of typing because I would have said the same
exact thing.

OTOH, I can buy Chinese hand lotion for $1/pint. How much do the
'American' brands cost for the same thing?

I buy American toothpaste for a buck at the 99-Cents-Only store (mostly
Chinese stuff) instead of $2.50 for the same thing at Rite-Aid. We won't
even mention the upscale brands -- $10+ for the same thing.

I resent being gouged. I also like WalMart.

If I buy American products at WalMart, am I more or less evil than if I
were buying Chinese products at WalMart?

--
Cheers, Bev
"No one's life, liberty or property is safe while

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 11/27/2012 7:25 PM, HeyBub wrote:
mike wrote:
Minor correction:

Globalization that puts foreign competition at your fingertips.
High US standard of living and commensurate salary demands.
US taxes and regulations that cause corporate profits to increase
if they outsource.

Virtually every company "outsources." Many necessary jobs are contracted
with firms outside the company; cleaning, accounting, advertising, employee
recruitment, and so on.

I think the word you're looking for is "off-shoring."

You're welcome to choose any words you wish to express YOUR opinion.

I choose my words carefully and usually don't need anybody
correcting me by telling me that I was "looking for" something else.
My word expresses my opinion just fine.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Nov 29, 5:22*am, mike wrote:
On 11/27/2012 7:25 PM, HeyBub wrote:

mike wrote:
Minor correction:

Globalization that puts foreign competition at your fingertips.
High US standard of living and commensurate salary demands.
US taxes and regulations that cause corporate profits to increase
if they outsource.

Virtually every company "outsources." Many necessary jobs are contracted
with firms outside the company; cleaning, accounting, advertising, employee
recruitment, and so on.

I think the word you're looking for is "off-shoring."

You're welcome to choose any words you wish to express YOUR opinion.

I choose my words carefully and usually don't need anybody
correcting me by telling me that I was "looking for" something else.
My word expresses my opinion just fine.

In this case, heybub is correct.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 11/29/2012 12:11 AM, harry wrote:
On Nov 29, 5:22 am, wrote:
On 11/27/2012 7:25 PM, HeyBub wrote:

mike wrote:
Minor correction:

Globalization that puts foreign competition at your fingertips.
High US standard of living and commensurate salary demands.
US taxes and regulations that cause corporate profits to increase
if they outsource.

Virtually every company "outsources." Many necessary jobs are contracted
with firms outside the company; cleaning, accounting, advertising, employee
recruitment, and so on.

I think the word you're looking for is "off-shoring."

You're welcome to choose any words you wish to express YOUR opinion.

I choose my words carefully and usually don't need anybody
correcting me by telling me that I was "looking for" something else.
My word expresses my opinion just fine.

In this case, heybub is correct.

If you mean that you agree with his more restrictive assessment of the
problem, then that's fine.

You are not allowed to tell me that my choice of words is incorrect in
the expression of MY opinion.

Why do you think corporations outsource?
It's because it's cheaper than paying the overhead for permanent
employees. Off-shoring is not an available option for service jobs
that require someone to be physically present. Ask anybody who lost their
full-time job with benefits to a domestic temporary subcontractor
if off-shoring describes their situation.

Off-shoring is one component of the outsourcing problem, but not
the only one.

Agree, disagree, I don't care. But put away your word-police whistle
and quit messing with MY opinion.

DontchaJustLoveTheInternet!
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 00:11:44 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

On Nov 29, 5:22*am, mike wrote:
On 11/27/2012 7:25 PM, HeyBub wrote:

mike wrote:
Minor correction:

Globalization that puts foreign competition at your fingertips.
High US standard of living and commensurate salary demands.
US taxes and regulations that cause corporate profits to increase
if they outsource.

Virtually every company "outsources." Many necessary jobs are contracted
with firms outside the company; cleaning, accounting, advertising, employee
recruitment, and so on.

I think the word you're looking for is "off-shoring."

You're welcome to choose any words you wish to express YOUR opinion.

I choose my words carefully and usually don't need anybody
correcting me by telling me that I was "looking for" something else.
My word expresses my opinion just fine.

In this case, heybub is correct.

Even if you outsource right here in the USA? He is only correct part
of the time.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

In article , mike
wrote:

If you mean that you agree with his more restrictive assessment of the
problem, then that's fine.

You are not allowed to tell me that my choice of words is incorrect in
the expression of MY opinion.

But we are allowed to discount your opinion since the wrong use of the
words indicates a lack of understanding of the situation. We are also
allowed to voice our opinion of the correctness of your words..or are
you advocating that you are the only who has such rights?

the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 11/29/2012 3:37 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In ,
wrote:

If you mean that you agree with his more restrictive assessment of the
problem, then that's fine.

You are not allowed to tell me that my choice of words is incorrect in
the expression of MY opinion.

But we are allowed to discount your opinion since the wrong use of the
words indicates a lack of understanding of the situation. We are also
allowed to voice our opinion of the correctness of your words..or are
you advocating that you are the only who has such rights?

You're allowed to have and voice an opinion using any words you choose.
Saying, "your word is WRONG and mine is RIGHT" is arrogant.
Especially when that illustrates a lack of comprehension
regarding the opinion presented.

My word expressed EXACTLY my opinion. If you believe that the more
restrictive
"replacement word" is appropriate for YOUR opinion, by all means, use
that one. I'm stickin' with my word choice to express my opinion.

I guess if I'm gonna keep up with this ****ing contest, I'd better go
make another pot of coffee.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

wrote:

If you mean that you agree with his more restrictive assessment of the
problem, then that's fine.

You are not allowed to tell me that my choice of words is incorrect in
the expression of MY opinion.

But we are allowed to discount your opinion since the wrong use of the
words indicates a lack of understanding of the situation. We are also
allowed to voice our opinion of the correctness of your words..or are
you advocating that you are the only who has such rights?

You're allowed to have and voice an opinion using any words you choose.
Saying, "your word is WRONG and mine is RIGHT" is arrogant.
Especially when that illustrates a lack of comprehension
regarding the opinion presented.

No, it is grammar and usage. Otherwise we go sorta Orwellian where
everyone gets to decide their own meaning of words. And *THAT* reeks of
arrogance.

My word expressed EXACTLY my opinion. If you believe that the more
restrictive
"replacement word" is appropriate for YOUR opinion, by all means, use
that one. I'm stickin' with my word choice to express my opinion.

You do have every right to be wrong, and this case, wrong loudly.
However the volume that you express the wrongness doesn't make it any
less wrong.

I guess if I'm gonna keep up with this ****ing contest, I'd better go
make another pot of coffee.

You mean to say carafe of coffee (grin).
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Being Mormon, I think he meant he was going to
make another cup of hot chocolate. Mormons don't
drink coffee or tea.

Isn't multi culturalism divine? Or, maybe think I meant
to write.....

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
m...

I guess if I'm gonna keep up with
this ****ing contest, I'd better go
make another pot of coffee.

You mean to say carafe of coffee (grin).
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Nov 29, 5:22 am, wrote:
On 11/27/2012 7:25 PM, HeyBub wrote:

mike wrote:
Minor correction:

[...]

Nonsense. Words mean things.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

mike wrote:
On 11/27/2012 7:25 PM, HeyBub wrote:
mike wrote:
Minor correction:

Globalization that puts foreign competition at your fingertips.
High US standard of living and commensurate salary demands.
US taxes and regulations that cause corporate profits to increase
if they outsource.

Virtually every company "outsources." Many necessary jobs are
contracted with firms outside the company; cleaning, accounting,
advertising, employee recruitment, and so on.

I think the word you're looking for is "off-shoring."

You're welcome to choose any words you wish to express YOUR opinion.

I choose my words carefully and usually don't need anybody
correcting me by telling me that I was "looking for" something else.
My word expresses my opinion just fine.

I apologize. It's been my lot in life to educate the ignorant, steer the
unenlightened toward reality, and, with a gentle prod, guide the benighted
toward a more civilized mien.

I was merely offering a modest correction to your improper use of a word
and, as a charitable gesture, suggesting the proper one. As one great worthy
said: "Ignorance can be fixed; it's believing somthing that is not true
that's impossible."

I was just trying to fix your ignorance.

You, yourself, admit to some confusion when you said the use of the word in
question expresses your opinion. You see, the definition of "opinion" is: "A
sincerely held belief not based on facts."

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

I think Mike meant to write "I yam, as I yam" which is a Popeye quote.

And, KRW meant to say that choosing the correct word is emportant.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 02:37:59 -0800, mike wrote:

In this case, heybub is correct.

If you mean that you agree with his more restrictive assessment of the
problem, then that's fine.

You are not allowed to tell me that my choice of words is incorrect in
the expression of MY opinion.

Nonsense. Words mean things.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Nov 29, 5:22 am, *wrote:
On 11/27/2012 7:25 PM, HeyBub wrote:

mike wrote:
Minor correction:

[...]

Offshoring means buying stuff from outside your economy (eg China)
which means there is loss of revenue, jobs and tax.

Outsourcing means buying (say components) from the company down the
road. (ie with your national economic system). Which is sensible in
the long term.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

wrote:

[...]

He's American. They can't even spell,why expect comprehension?
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Nov 29, 5:22 am, wrote:
On 11/27/2012 7:25 PM, HeyBub wrote:

mike wrote:
Minor correction:

[...]

Begin Quote...
Outsourcing
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Not to be confused with offshoring.

Outsourcing is the contracting out of a business process, which an
organization may have previously performed internally or has a new need
for, to an independent organization from which the process is purchased
back as a service. Though the practice of purchasing a business
function—instead of providing it internally—is a common feature of any
modern economy, the term outsourcing became popular in America near the
turn of the 21st century. An outsourcing deal may also involve transfer
of the employees and assets involved to the outsourcing business partner.[1]

The definition of outsourcing includes both foreign or domestic
contracting,[2] which may include offshoring, described as “a company
taking a function out of their business and relocating it to another
country.”[3]

End quote...

I'm not a big fan of wikipedia, but unless you've got credentials
in this area
we don't know about, I'll take their definition.

So,
If offshoring is what YOU mean.
Then
You should definitely use offshoring to express YOUR opinion.

I do loves me a good ****ing contest...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
New subject.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Copying your statement from above
Outsourcing means buying (say components) from the company down the
road. (ie with your national economic system). Which is sensible in
the long term.

I might want to disagree with your opinion on the subject of sensibility.
Sensible for whom?

If you're a CEO wishing to increase local efficiency and maximize your
performance bonus, outsourcing makes a lot of sense. You rise up
by pushing the workers out.

If you're a long-term employee seeking to maintain your standard of
living, secure your retirement, have health care and keep your
house, you might not consider that sensible.

The easiest way to achieve the cost structure of a Chinese sweat-shop
is for someone else to treat your former full-time employees
like a Chinese sweat-shop.
That's a BIG change for the American worker.
Because they won't accept that...yet..., they become unemployed and the real
Chinese sweat shop comes to the rescue.

Now, you have the same number of people to support, but fewer of them
are contributing to the local economy. And what used to contribute
to the local economy now goes to China.
How is that sensible in the long term?

Equalizing the world standard of living means WAY DOWN for many of us.
It's unavoidable.
And it's gonna get ugly.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 09:57:32 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I think Mike meant to write "I yam, as I yam" which is a Popeye quote.

And, KRW meant to say that choosing the correct word is emportant.

No, I meant to say exactly what I said.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

I meant to write emportant.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote:

I think Mike meant to write "I yam, as I yam" which is a Popeye quote.

And, KRW meant to say that choosing the correct word is emportant.

No, I meant to say exactly what I said.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
[...]

Your gift of witty sarcasm is exceeded only by your religious bigotry.

Goodbye.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Walmart is not the problem.
Walmart exists because...
Cheap-Ass consumers want the absolutely lowest cost items...
and we want them NOW!

As I see it, Twinkies should be available soon for around 18 cents per 24
pack.

At Walmart, of course.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I wonder what happens, if you retranslate the
Book of Mormon, and change Nephite, to
Walmartian?

That sure is interesting question.

Is there an Egyptian word for Walmart?
Hey, we'll never know as the original was"lost"

***

Or resting in the archives with all the other books that were proven false.
As in Mormon Doctrine, p. 860 where Brigham Young states that you need
Joseph Smith's personal approval to enter heaven. There have to be
thousands of Winston Smiths* working in the church to keep up with all the
changes.

1984 - George Orwell

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Sun, 2 Dec 2012 07:20:38 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I meant to write emportant.

You probably did.

Must See Deifferences between Friend & Best Friend [email protected] UK diy 0 August 4th 06 07:19 AM
Walmart Tom Gardner Metalworking 16 January 21st 06 03:55 AM
Walmart Jim Insolo Metalworking 3 January 19th 06 07:52 PM
He said No to Walmart Cliff Metalworking 103 January 17th 06 02:48 AM
He said No to Walmart Gunner Asch Metalworking 16 January 3rd 06 03:25 PM