Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Oven bulb lube

On 11/19/2012 7:21 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
After changing oven light bulb, the threads seemed gritty and rough. Hard to
turn the bulb. What's a lube that withstands oven heat, and is safe?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

High temp grease or a light film of anti-seize compound on the bulb
threads. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

One email friend suggested spark plug thread lube. Wonder if that's the kind
of high temp grease you mean?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

High temp grease or a light film of anti-seize compound on the bulb
threads. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/20/2012 7:41 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
One email friend suggested spark plug thread lube. Wonder if that's the kind
of high temp grease you mean?

That IS anti-seize compound. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

But, is it high temp grease?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
On 11/20/2012 7:41 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
One email friend suggested spark plug thread lube. Wonder if that's the
kind
of high temp grease you mean?

That IS anti-seize compound. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:
But, is it high temp grease?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
On 11/20/2012 7:41 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
One email friend suggested spark plug thread lube. Wonder if that's the
kind
of high temp grease you mean?

That IS anti-seize compound. ^_^

TDD

Just today I was looking or a load for my new inverter. Found lamp with
clamp, bulb was very hard to get out. Found 100 watt bulb. In the mean time
I looked up on the shelf for some kind of spray. I would have used WD-40
if It was there. This old can I have not used for years. Elmers dry spray
with TFE. Spray, and worked the bulb. Socket works now.
http://www.plumbersurplus.com/Prod/E...188140/Cat/406

Don't use anti-seize.

Greg

Posted to alt.home.repair

"gregz" wrote in message
Just today I was looking or a load for my new inverter. Found lamp with
clamp, bulb was very hard to get out. Found 100 watt bulb. In the mean
time
I looked up on the shelf for some kind of spray. I would have used WD-40
if It was there. This old can I have not used for years. Elmers dry spray
with TFE. Spray, and worked the bulb. Socket works now.
http://www.plumbersurplus.com/Prod/E...188140/Cat/406

Don't use anti-seize.

I don't think I would do it in an oven,but for bulbs that are hard to
remove, if you spray the socket with the bulb in it with some penetrating
oil such as Kroil and wait about 30 seconds it will screw out very easy. We
do this at work on some of the 150 to 400 watt Mercury Vapor and other types
of bulbs. Just a quick shot between the bulb and socket will do it.

lube for gas oven jp Home Repair 6 January 23rd 09 11:08 PM
Replacing bulb in microwave oven Mike Barnes UK diy 7 December 28th 07 02:14 AM
Oven bulb replacement Tony UK diy 5 January 14th 06 09:47 PM
Light bulb lube??? Noozer Home Repair 22 October 20th 05 02:58 PM
Light bulb lube??? BARRY MARTIN Home Repair 0 October 19th 05 01:16 PM