BARRY MARTIN

Default Light bulb lube???

" I've noticed that when changing lightbulbs that the socket seems
" quite "rough" and the bulbs don't screw in smoothly. I always
" wonder if the contact is as good as it could be.

" Is there something I can apply to the threads of the bulb to
" "lubricate" them?

I haven't tried this with lightbulbs but I put a little heat sink
compound one the screw portion of my soldering iron. Before, the tip
used to freeze in the iron, requiring replacement of the iron because I
couldn't get the old tip out.

Warning: the heat sink compound I have has a warning not to ingest.

¯ ®
¯ Barry.Martin þ at þ QCONline,COM ®
¯ ®

... Unusual gift ideas: Spit wad.
--- MultiMail/Win32 v0.46
þ wcECHO 4.2 ÷ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA þ
þ * RelayNet(tm): CamCat (#3041): Telnet: bbs.camcat.com www.camcat.com

--- RIME To Usenet Gateway @ 10/20/2005 2:28:10 AM ---

how can a light bulb become a short circuit? dstromb Electronics Repair 5 May 1st 05 11:03 PM
Light Bulb Phil UK diy 18 March 27th 05 05:50 PM
Light Bulb Stormin Mormonn Home Repair 19 December 10th 03 03:28 AM
How to screw in a light bulb. Alan Beagley Home Repair 43 November 5th 03 01:59 AM