Posted to alt.home.repair
jp jp is offline

Default lube for gas oven

I have a gas stove and the springs on the oven door squeek. What kind
of lubricant can i use that is not flammible. Thank u henry
Posted to alt.home.repair

on 1/23/2009 9:46 AM (ET) jp wrote the following:
I have a gas stove and the springs on the oven door squeek. What kind
of lubricant can i use that is not flammible. Thank u henry

I'll bet that all oven doors, and all other appliance doors, squeak.
I'd notice more if they didn't squeak. :-)
With the heat generated, no petroleum products would last long. You
might try the white lube that is used on car doors.
I don't know what it's made from, but I don't think it is petroleum
based. You can get it in a car parts store.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair
jp jp is offline

On Jan 23, 9:57*am, willshak wrote:
on 1/23/2009 9:46 AM (ET) jp wrote the following:

I have a gas stove and the springs on the oven door squeek. What kind
of lubricant can i use that is not flammible. Thank u henry

I'll bet that all oven doors, and all other appliance doors, squeak.
I'd *notice more if they didn't squeak. :-)
With the heat generated, no petroleum products would last long. You
might try the white lube that is used on car doors.
I don't know what it's made from, but I don't think it is petroleum
based. You can get it in a car parts store.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683

Thanks bill, ill try that, henry
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jan 23, 8:46*am, jp wrote:
I have a gas stove and the springs on the oven door squeek. What kind
of lubricant can i use that is not flammible. Thank u henry

Silicone grease should do nicely. Easily available in auto parts
stores identified as spark plug boot lube or grease. Since it can
survive exhaust manifold heat, oven temperatures will be no problem.
Can't burn, either.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair
jp jp is offline

On Jan 23, 11:06*am, Joe wrote:
On Jan 23, 8:46*am, jp wrote:

I have a gas stove and the springs on the oven door squeek. What kind
of lubricant can i use that is not flammible. Thank u henry

Silicone grease should do nicely. Easily available in auto parts
stores identified as spark plug boot lube or grease. Since it can
survive exhaust manifold heat, oven temperatures will be no problem.
Can't burn, either.

Joe

thanks joe, sounds good, henry

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 06:46:30 -0800 (PST), jp
wrote:

I have a gas stove and the springs on the oven door squeek. What kind
of lubricant can i use that is not flammible. Thank u henry

Mine squeeks too, and has been for 18 years. If it didn't I'd think
there is something wrong. You can give a light brushing of Crisco
onto the springs.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/23/2009 6:46 AM jp spake thus:

I have a gas stove and the springs on the oven door squeek. What kind
of lubricant can i use that is not flammible. Thank u henry

Use the same stuff they put in muffler bearings.

--
"I know I will go to hell, because I pardoned Richard Nixon."

- Former President Gerald Ford to his golf partners, as related by
the late Hunter S. Thompson

Window lube? Nate Nagel Home Repair 9 July 17th 07 11:49 PM
o -ring lube werwer Home Repair 8 November 30th 05 12:45 AM
Buying a small heat treat oven and Annealing oven Waynemak Metalworking 7 October 8th 05 03:59 AM
Yet another possible TS gear lube hylourgos Woodworking 0 January 17th 05 01:32 AM
Unisaw lube? David Woodworking 14 January 9th 05 04:43 PM