Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wrong delivery address

One possible answer to loss of fuel in gas cans.
Fill the cans with 3/4 water, and 1/4 fuel.

Thanks for sharing your uncle's answer.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message

Great uncle used to have a problem years back with motorcyles (local
Satan's Choice and Henchmen) stealing fuel from his farm gas tank
which was at the corner of the driving shed about half way up his
lane. They'd come coasting down the bridge street hill, engine off,
and up to the tank, fill up, coast back down the lane, and down the
hill where they would engage the clutch, starting the engine - and
take off. After several months of this he moved the gas to a new tank
behind the shed and filled the old tank with diesel for his new Dexta
Major. The next morning there were 6 Harleys, Nortons, and Hendersons
parked on the shoulder within a mile of the farm - and he never lost
another drop of fuel.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 22:12:54 -0500, clare wrote:

Heard of several local cases -one where the truck driver cranked the
inverted filler tube around so he could fill it, and another that used a
pipe wrench to remove the cap from a capped off filler pipe. Both go
back quite a few years though.

Worst case I ever heard of was in the first half of the 1990's. I drove a
fuel tanker truck in Florida, and one of my employer's competitors
delivered a 8500 gallon load of unleaded gasoline down a flag pole hole
at a gas station in Brooksville FL.

True, the old flagpole hole was near the fuel drops, but I always
wondered what kind of driver looked at an unmarked, uncapped four inch
pipe and decided to fill it with unleaded gasoline.

--
Tony Sivori
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11-19-2012 00:48, Tony Sivori wrote:
Worst case I ever heard of was in the first half of the 1990's. I drove a
fuel tanker truck in Florida, and one of my employer's competitors
delivered a 8500 gallon load of unleaded gasoline down a flag pole hole
at a gas station in Brooksville FL.

Do you mean "tried to" ?

I can't imagine a flagpole hole taking more than ten gallons.

--
Wes Groleau

€œWhat you see and hear depends a good deal on where you are standing;
it also depends on what kind of person you are.€
-- C.S.Lewis

Posted to alt.home.repair

What was at the end of the tube? I'd figure such a pipe would be firmly in a
cement base.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Tony Sivori" wrote in message

Worst case I ever heard of was in the first half of the 1990's. I drove a
fuel tanker truck in Florida, and one of my employer's competitors
delivered a 8500 gallon load of unleaded gasoline down a flag pole hole
at a gas station in Brooksville FL.

True, the old flagpole hole was near the fuel drops, but I always
wondered what kind of driver looked at an unmarked, uncapped four inch
pipe and decided to fill it with unleaded gasoline.

--
Tony Sivori

Posted to alt.home.repair

Worst case I ever heard of was in the first half of the 1990's. I drove a
fuel tanker truck in Florida, and one of my employer's competitors
delivered a 8500 gallon load of unleaded gasoline down a flag pole hole
at a gas station in Brooksville FL.

Don't believe everything you hear. Or read. That post would have been set
in concrete. Or if the bottom hole was not plugged by the concrete, there
would be dirt at the bottom. And in Florida, that dirt would have been
slightly damp, or VERY damp.

At a VERY rough calculation of two gallons of gas to a cubic foot, there
would need to be a 4,250 cubic foot void, or a cube 65.10 feet on a side in
order to take 8,500 gallons of fuel before overflowing the top opening of
the pipe. That big of a void would collapse into itself.

What are you doing this Thursday afternoon? I have a bridge for sale for
only $135,000. If you take it this Thursday, and pay cash, I will knock off
10%. Small bills in brown paper bags works for me.

See you Thursday.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 19 Nov 2012 05:48:40 GMT, Tony Sivori wrote:

Worst case I ever heard of was in the first half of the 1990's. I drove a
fuel tanker truck in Florida, and one of my employer's competitors
delivered a 8500 gallon load of unleaded gasoline down a flag pole hole
at a gas station in Brooksville FL.

Malarkey! People living in Brooksville are not that stupid.

True, the old flagpole hole was near the fuel drops, but I always
wondered what kind of driver looked at an unmarked, uncapped four inch
pipe and decided to fill it with unleaded gasoline.

--
Tony Sivori

Oh, stop. An 85' high-mast light pole* would not hold 8500 gallons of
any liquid. Unless you show me better.

* it takes a heavy drill to wind down cable and bring the lights to
the ground - hollow
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/17/2012 12:03 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 17 Nov 2012 13:59:14 -0500, wrote:

Apart from"normal" petrol thefts, they are stealing petrol too from
filling stations. They take up the manhole covers and pump it out. No-
one been caught yet. Petrol here is $12/gallon

Great uncle used to have a problem years back with motorcyles (local
Satan's Choice and Henchmen) stealing fuel from his farm gas tank
which was at the corner of the driving shed about half way up his
lane. They'd come coasting down the bridge street hill, engine off,
and up to the tank, fill up, coast back down the lane, and down the
hill where they would engage the clutch, starting the engine - and
take off. After several months of this he moved the gas to a new tank
behind the shed and filled the old tank with diesel for his new Dexta
Major. The next morning there were 6 Harleys, Nortons, and Hendersons
parked on the shoulder within a mile of the farm - and he never lost
another drop of fuel.

I recall a theft ring stealing fuel from stations. They cut a hole
inside a van floor, parked over the cover and pumped fuel into drums
inside the van. It appeared the van was just parked. They never had
to exit the van. It took awhile for owners to figure it out. but they
did get caught.

My ex-daughter-in-law is a deputy in Sacramento, CA. she said that
happened there last year. Her current husband, another deputy, got
suspicious of the van parked in a closed station and investigated. The
perp ran off, but was soon caught.

Paul

OT; IP address? Tim W[_2_] UK diy 44 December 5th 09 10:05 PM
someone in the US to be my delivery address (expenses and trouble paid)?? ellegante Metalworking 24 May 28th 06 07:26 PM
For the ip gurus How to get ip address if you only have the mac address [email protected] UK diy 19 November 24th 05 10:40 AM
Delivery Notification: Delivery has been successful PMDF e-Mail Interconnect UK diy 0 December 12th 03 04:25 AM
wrong address Colin French Metalworking 1 October 14th 03 04:17 AM