Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GOP Voter Fraud Accusations Suddenly Blowing Up In Their Faces

On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 07:11:55 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article , z
wrote:

On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 08:53:23 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article , "NotMe"
wrote:

I've had DL in multiple states and have never been required to produce a
certified copy of my BC. Nor has my wife.

You probably will the next time. That is part of a post-9/11 law
called Secure-ID. For information see:
http://www.in.gov/bmv/2356.htm

Yep. We just went thought that. Not only did we have to have our
birth certificates, but also proof of residency. My wife had to dig
out our marriage license (I'm surprised we've carted it around with us
for 41 years - I guess she made sure not to destroy the evidence ;-).

I ttravel out of the country a lot, but this is showing me another
reason I am glad I got my passport. That qualifies for proving
everything except SSN and address.

How does a passport deal with name changes?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , z
wrote:

How does a passport deal with name changes?

Long and semi-involved so here is the URL. FWIW, there is a separate way
to change your passport if you are transgendered.
http://travel.state.gov/passport/cor...geName_851.htm
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 08:06:38 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article , z
wrote:

How does a passport deal with name changes?

Long and semi-involved so here is the URL. FWIW, there is a separate way
to change your passport if you are transgendered.
http://travel.state.gov/passport/cor...geName_851.htm

I meant a name change through marriage.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , z
wrote:

On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 08:06:38 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,

How does a passport deal with name changes?

Long and semi-involved so here is the URL. FWIW, there is a separate way
to change your passport if you are transgendered.
http://travel.state.gov/passport/cor...geName_851.htm

I meant a name change through marriage.

That URL is the way to change your name following marriage OR legal name
change.
This is for marriage/court:
Your current, valid U.S. passport
Completed Form DS-82, Application for a U.S. Passport by Mail
Applicable "Renewal" fees
An original or certified copy of your marriage certificate or the
government-issued document evidencing your legal name change under
federal or state law.

One recent, color photograph.

If you can't find legal documentation:
You must submit the following in person at an Acceptance Facility or a
Passport Agency :

Your current, valid U.S. passport
A completed Form DS-11, Application for a U.S. Passport
Applicable "First Time" fees

At least 3 public records showing your
date and place of birth that show exclusive use of your assumed name for
at least 5 years

One recent, color photograph
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 02 Nov 2012 07:48:58 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article , z
wrote:

On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 08:06:38 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,

[...]

So, in reality, there isn't any difference, just a different
bureaucrat that needs to appeasement.