Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is a junction box behind clear acrylic considered concealed?

Let's say I need to extend some wires that run in the joist space below a
crawl space attic above a bathroom. The crawl space has 1 x 4 flooring.

I know I can't simply remove the floor boards, install the junction box and
then conceal it with the floorboards.

However, can I replace the cut out floorboards with a piece of plywood with
an acrylic insert so that the junction box can be seen from above?

The plywood would be big enough to be used as an access panel spanning the
joist bay, the "window" would be large enough for the junction box to be
clearly visible.

If not acrylic, what about a steel grate?

clear acrylic sheet noise barrier rating [email protected] Home Repair 21 April 3rd 17 12:44 PM
What kind of clear coat for acrylic paint default[_5_] Home Repair 7 September 24th 12 05:17 AM
Junction Box for Concealed Lighting TheScullster UK diy 3 June 9th 10 06:12 PM
Clear Acrylic Glazing Arthur 51 UK diy 6 August 5th 08 08:33 AM
Water-based clear acrylic RayV Woodworking 2 February 5th 07 06:30 PM