Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair

Default They're not called Peacocks anymore

A friend went to the zoo and saw some peacocks. But the zoo personal
said they are no longer called peacocks, they are now called Peafowl.
This is because the former name "peacock" offended people. This is a
politically correct change to eliminate that filthy C-WORD from our
vocabulary. Aren't you glad that your government is protecting you from
the word """COCK"""!!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
A friend went to the zoo and saw some peacocks. But the zoo personal
said they are no longer called peacocks, they are now called Peafowl.
This is because the former name "peacock" offended people. This is a
politically correct change to eliminate that filthy C-WORD from our
vocabulary. Aren't you glad that your government is protecting you from
the word """COCK"""!!!!!

They were always peafowls, but the males are still called peacocks and
females peahens.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

You mean I’m going to have to say ballfowl from now on?
Posted to alt.home.repair

gregz wrote:
wrote:
A friend went to the zoo and saw some peacocks. But the zoo personal
said they are no longer called peacocks, they are now called Peafowl.
This is because the former name "peacock" offended people. This is a
politically correct change to eliminate that filthy C-WORD from our
vocabulary. Aren't you glad that your government is protecting you
from the word """COCK"""!!!!!

They were always peafowls, but the males are still called peacocks and
females peahens.

Right. The government employees who run the zoo mislabeled them in the first
place, some 60-odd years ago. When this was pointed out, the required
modification simply took a while to percolate up to a decision maker then
back down to the sign-making division.

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair

On Sep 9, 10:24 pm, wrote:
A friend went to the zoo and saw some peacocks. But the zoo personal
said they are no longer called peacocks, they are now called Peafowl.
This is because the former name "peacock" offended people. This is a
politically correct change to eliminate that filthy C-WORD from our
vocabulary. Aren't you glad that your government is protecting you from
the word """COCK"""!!!!!

I'll remember that the next time I go to the cock fights.... Believe,
a lot of Mexicans are going to be laughing their burros
off ... :))))))
Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair

wrote

A friend went to the zoo and saw some peacocks. But the zoo personal
said they are no longer called peacocks, they are now called Peafowl.
This is because the former name "peacock" offended people.

I doubt that. The word "peacock" refers to the male bird and "peahen"
refers to the female bird. If you had half a brain you could have looked it
up FIRST: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peafowl

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair

wrote in message ...

A friend went to the zoo and saw some peacocks. But the zoo personal
said they are no longer called peacocks, they are now called Peafowl.
This is because the former name "peacock" offended people. This is a
politically correct change to eliminate that filthy C-WORD from our
vocabulary. Aren't you glad that your government is protecting you from
the word """COCK"""!!!!!

So now when a rooster crows does he Foul a doddle do ????? WW
Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 12:53:34 -0700, "David Kaye"
wrote:

wrote

A friend went to the zoo and saw some peacocks. But the zoo personal
said they are no longer called peacocks, they are now called Peafowl.
This is because the former name "peacock" offended people.

I doubt that. The word "peacock" refers to the male bird and "peahen"
refers to the female bird. If you had half a brain you could have looked it
up FIRST: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peafowl

fred flinstone ("jw") is a nym- shifter. He frequently posts about
"cocks" and "dick" under various names.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Peafowl can be either Peacocks or Peahens
Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 12:21:25 -0700 (PDT), Robert
wrote:

On Sep 9, 10:24 pm, wrote:
A friend went to the zoo and saw some peacocks. But the zoo personal
said they are no longer called peacocks, they are now called Peafowl.
This is because the former name "peacock" offended people. This is a
politically correct change to eliminate that filthy C-WORD from our
vocabulary. Aren't you glad that your government is protecting you from
the word """COCK"""!!!!!

I'll remember that the next time I go to the cock fights.... Believe,
a lot of Mexicans are going to be laughing their burros
off ... :))))))

You must be gay if you go to cock fights. Somehow I just cant imagine
two guys beating each other with their cocks. That must be more painful
for the guy doing the beating, than the one getting beaten.

Now hold still big guy, so I can beat you with my erect cock!!!

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Sep 9, 10:24 pm, wrote:
A friend went to the zoo and saw some peacocks. But the zoo personal
said they are no longer called peacocks, they are now called Peafowl.
This is because the former name "peacock" offended people. This is a
politically correct change to eliminate that filthy C-WORD from our
vocabulary. Aren't you glad that your government is protecting you from
the word """COCK"""!!!!!

I'll remember that the next time I go to the cock fights.... Believe,
a lot of Mexicans are going to be laughing their burros
off ... :))))))

You must be gay if you go to cock fights. Somehow I just cant imagine
two guys beating each other with their cocks. That must be more painful
for the guy doing the beating, than the one getting beaten.

Now hold still big guy, so I can beat you with my erect cock!!!

Sounds like you live in San Francisco.....

Here in Texas, cock fights are held regularly and are broken
up by the police regularly... for some unexplained reason...

Apparently you haven't learned the thrill of watching one rooster
kill another......... city boy !!!!!
Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair

On 9/10/2012 2:50 PM, WW wrote:

wrote in message ...
A friend went to the zoo and saw some peacocks. But the zoo personal
said they are no longer called peacocks, they are now called Peafowl.I've
This is because the former name "peacock" offended people. This is a
politically correct change to eliminate that filthy C-WORD from our
vocabulary. Aren't you glad that your government is protecting you from
the word """COCK"""!!!!!

So now when a rooster crows does he Foul a doddle do ????? WW

I've been trying to teach them but they just don't give a d---