Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default It's hot as hell and I can't take it anymore.

Central Texas heat......such a deal.

I didn't prepare well for my retirement. Now, my truck is out of
R-134A and a 30 lb. jug is $200.00 at Sam's. I have some clunkers
that need it, too so, I really need 30 pounds. That will give me some
margin for leakage. Just for one car it is around $100.00.

I always try whining but it never gets me the goods. Does anyone have
some suggestions on how I can get a 30 lb. jug at a much less price?
Maybe I could borrow your car for the summer.

Thanks

Joe
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"justme" wrote in message
Central Texas heat......such a deal.

I didn't prepare well for my retirement. Now, my truck is out of
R-134A and a 30 lb. jug is $200.00 at Sam's. I have some clunkers
that need it, too so, I really need 30 pounds. That will give me some
margin for leakage. Just for one car it is around $100.00.

I always try whining but it never gets me the goods. Does anyone have
some suggestions on how I can get a 30 lb. jug at a much less price?
Maybe I could borrow your car for the summer.

for $200 you should be able to fix the leak.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The leak is no more, neither is the refrigerant.

I got pumps gauges, o-rings and motivation. I don't have Monet.

Thanks

Joe

On Tue, 17 May 2011 20:51:17 -0700, "PrecisionmachinisT"
wrote:

"justme" wrote in message
.. .
Central Texas heat......such a deal.

I didn't prepare well for my retirement. Now, my truck is out of
R-134A and a 30 lb. jug is $200.00 at Sam's. I have some clunkers
that need it, too so, I really need 30 pounds. That will give me some
margin for leakage. Just for one car it is around $100.00.

I always try whining but it never gets me the goods. Does anyone have
some suggestions on how I can get a 30 lb. jug at a much less price?
Maybe I could borrow your car for the summer.

for $200 you should be able to fix the leak.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 17 May 2011 21:49:36 -0500, justme
wrote:

Central Texas heat......such a deal.

I didn't prepare well for my retirement. Now, my truck is out of
R-134A and a 30 lb. jug is $200.00 at Sam's. I have some clunkers
that need it, too so, I really need 30 pounds. That will give me some
margin for leakage. Just for one car it is around $100.00.

I always try whining but it never gets me the goods. Does anyone have
some suggestions on how I can get a 30 lb. jug at a much less price?
Maybe I could borrow your car for the summer.

Thanks

Joe

===========
http://yarchive.net/ac/hydrocarbon_recipes.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refrigerant

-- Unka George (George McDuffee)
The past is a foreign country;
they do things differently there.
L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author.
The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 17 May 2011 21:49:36 -0500, justme wrote:

Central Texas heat......such a deal.

I didn't prepare well for my retirement. Now, my truck is out of
R-134A and a 30 lb. jug is $200.00 at Sam's. I have some clunkers
that need it, too so, I really need 30 pounds. That will give me some
margin for leakage. Just for one car it is around $100.00.

I always try whining but it never gets me the goods. Does anyone have
some suggestions on how I can get a 30 lb. jug at a much less price?
Maybe I could borrow your car for the summer.

Thanks

Joe

If you were closer..Ive got a new 30 lb jug Id loan you.

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Thanks, Gunner. Even if closer, I couldn't just 'take' the Freon
needed but that is very nice of you for offering.

I think that I remember Sam's selling a 30 lb. jug for 69 bux or so.

Joe

On Wed, 18 May 2011 02:07:31 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 17 May 2011 21:49:36 -0500, justme wrote:

Central Texas heat......such a deal.

I didn't prepare well for my retirement. Now, my truck is out of
R-134A and a 30 lb. jug is $200.00 at Sam's. I have some clunkers
that need it, too so, I really need 30 pounds. That will give me some
margin for leakage. Just for one car it is around $100.00.

I always try whining but it never gets me the goods. Does anyone have
some suggestions on how I can get a 30 lb. jug at a much less price?
Maybe I could borrow your car for the summer.

Thanks

Joe

If you were closer..Ive got a new 30 lb jug Id loan you.

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Thanks, George.

There is so much on there that I am confused. Say that I was on the
Equator, what gas could I use on my own sovereign, private island?

Joe

wrote:

Central Texas heat......such a deal.

I didn't prepare well for my retirement. Now, my truck is out of
R-134A and a 30 lb. jug is $200.00 at Sam's. I have some clunkers
that need it, too so, I really need 30 pounds. That will give me some
margin for leakage. Just for one car it is around $100.00.

I always try whining but it never gets me the goods. Does anyone have
some suggestions on how I can get a 30 lb. jug at a much less price?
Maybe I could borrow your car for the summer.

Thanks

Joe

===========
http://yarchive.net/ac/hydrocarbon_recipes.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refrigerant

-- Unka George (George McDuffee)
The past is a foreign country;
they do things differently there.
L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author.
The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 18 May 2011 21:52:16 -0500, justme
wrote:

Thanks, George.

There is so much on there that I am confused. Say that I was on the
Equator, what gas could I use on my own sovereign, private island?

Joe

===========
Same as here -- mixture of *CLEAN* propane [barbecue fuel
most likely will clog things up] and iso-butane.

wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 18 May 2011 21:52:16 -0500, justme wrote:

Thanks, George.

There is so much on there that I am confused. Say that I was on the
Equator, what gas could I use on my own sovereign, private island?

Joe

I can't answer for your island but in most of the developing countries
in Asia it is R-12

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I bought two, at $65.

--