Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anyone know where I can get this flexible pump discharge hose (see link to photo)

Anyone know where I can get this flexible pump discharge hose (see
link to photo)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/cimg6924e.jpg/

I thought it was a version of vacuum hose for a pool but my pool shop
only carry's a 2" version and says they have never heard of a 1.25" ID
size. It's for a recirculating pump in a water cooled AC unit.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 24 Aug 2012 14:26:08 -0700, Ashton Crusher
wrote:

Anyone know where I can get this flexible pump discharge hose (see
link to photo)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/cimg6924e.jpg/

I thought it was a version of vacuum hose for a pool but my pool shop
only carry's a 2" version and says they have never heard of a 1.25" ID
size. It's for a recirculating pump in a water cooled AC unit.

Would this work?

http://www.amazon.com/6206-Filter-Connection-6-Foot-2-Inch/dp/B0032JSQ34/ref=pd_sim_sbs_lg_1

Size: 3-Foot by 1-1/4-Inch
3-feet long with 1.25-Inch diameter
Pressure tested
Easy to use
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/24/12 4:26 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
Anyone know where I can get this flexible pump discharge hose (see
link to photo)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/cimg6924e.jpg/

I thought it was a version of vacuum hose for a pool but my pool shop
only carry's a 2" version and says they have never heard of a 1.25" ID
size. It's for a recirculating pump in a water cooled AC unit.

You might find something that would work at a farm supply store.
Rural King is one. Ag sprayers use a lot of flexible hose. They do
have a website.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Anyone know where I can get this flexible pump discharge hose (see
link to photo)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/cimg6924e.jpg/

I thought it was a version of vacuum hose for a pool but my pool shop
only carry's a 2" version and says they have never heard of a 1.25" ID
size. It's for a recirculating pump in a water cooled AC unit.

Would this work?

http://www.amazon.com/6206-Filter-Connection-6-Foot-2-Inch/dp/B0032JSQ34/ref=pd_sim_sbs_lg_1

Size: 3-Foot by 1-1/4-Inch
3-feet long with 1.25-Inch diameter
Pressure tested
Easy to use

By golly that might. Pretty much the right length too. Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ashton,

Grainger sells that as ducting hose. It comes in 25' rolls.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I've seen that kind of thing in Home Depot, I think. HD has some sizes of
flexible blue discharge hose. Since it's pressure, it doesn't really need to
be rigid line, I'd guess.

Might be also in a vacuum cleaner supply, or a swimming pool supply.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Ashton Crusher" wrote in message
Anyone know where I can get this flexible pump discharge hose (see
link to photo)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/cimg6924e.jpg/

I thought it was a version of vacuum hose for a pool but my pool shop
only carry's a 2" version and says they have never heard of a 1.25" ID
size. It's for a recirculating pump in a water cooled AC unit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Anyone know where I can get this flexible pump discharge hose (see
link to photo)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/cimg6924e.jpg/

I thought it was a version of vacuum hose for a pool but my pool shop
only carry's a 2" version and says they have never heard of a 1.25" ID
size. It's for a recirculating pump in a water cooled AC unit.

Would this work?

http://www.amazon.com/6206-Filter-Connection-6-Foot-2-Inch/dp/B0032JSQ34/ref=pd_sim_sbs_lg_1

Size: 3-Foot by 1-1/4-Inch
3-feet long with 1.25-Inch diameter
Pressure tested
Easy to use

By golly that might. Pretty much the right length too. Thanks.

Careful on the link. It defaults to the 2". Click the Size: 3-Foot by
1-1/4-Inch.

Good luck.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Anyone know where I can get this flexible pump discharge hose (see
link to photo)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/cimg6924e.jpg/

I thought it was a version of vacuum hose for a pool but my pool shop
only carry's a 2" version and says they have never heard of a 1.25" ID
size. It's for a recirculating pump in a water cooled AC unit.

Would this work?

http://www.amazon.com/6206-Filter-Connection-6-Foot-2-Inch/dp/B0032JSQ34/ref=pd_sim_sbs_lg_1

Size: 3-Foot by 1-1/4-Inch
3-feet long with 1.25-Inch diameter
Pressure tested
Easy to use

By golly that might. Pretty much the right length too. Thanks.

Careful on the link. It defaults to the 2". Click the Size: 3-Foot by
1-1/4-Inch.

Good luck.

I just ordered it and double checked the size. Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Anyone know where I can get this flexible pump discharge hose (see
link to photo)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/cimg6924e.jpg/

I thought it was a version of vacuum hose for a pool but my pool shop
only carry's a 2" version and says they have never heard of a 1.25" ID
size. It's for a recirculating pump in a water cooled AC unit.

Would this work?

http://www.amazon.com/6206-Filter-Connection-6-Foot-2-Inch/dp/B0032JSQ34/ref=pd_sim_sbs_lg_1

Size: 3-Foot by 1-1/4-Inch
3-feet long with 1.25-Inch diameter
Pressure tested
Easy to use

I don't know. After home guy gets shoed out of the bus station and the
city park it seems he can always count on one of his lonely friends here
to "have a discussion"...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 08:47:15 -0400, George
wrote:

On 8/24/2012 5:38 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 24 Aug 2012 14:26:08 -0700, Ashton Crusher

I don't know. After home guy gets shoed out of the bus station and the
city park it seems he can always count on one of his lonely friends here
to "have a discussion"...

Huh? You think this poster was home guy? It wasn't. Maybe you posted
in the wrong thread.

Senior Member

Ashton:

The hose in your picture is a standard suction hose. There are steel wires encased in the light blue plastic that prevents the hose from collapsing when liquid is being sucked through it by a pump.

And, you can get a hose like that from any place listed under "Spraying Equipment & Supplies" in your yellow pages phone directory.

Similarly, since 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 inch ID are the two standard sizes for vaccuum hoses on commercial cleaning equipment in North America, you should also be able to buy hose like that by the foot or meter at any of the places listed under "Janitorial Equipment & Supplies" in your yellow pages phone directory. Phone before you drive down to those places because some of those places will only sell cleaning supplies and equipment, and some will do that but ALSO repair commercial cleaning equipment. The places that repair commercial cleaning equipment will normally have both 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 inch ID suction hose in stock.

Note that the spiral wall of the hose is a left hand thread. The BEST way to connect these hoses is NOT to slip them over a 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 inch OD pipe and secure with a clamp. The better way would be to buy two 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 inch hose "cuffs", screw the hose cuffs onto the hose ends by turning them counter clock wise, and then pushing the hose cuff onto the 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 inch OD pipes. Any and every janitorial supply store will carry hose cuffs in both 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 inch, especially those places that repair commercial cleaning equipment.

Last edited by nestork : August 26th 12 at 09:43 AM

Flexible Hose asalcedo UK diy 1 July 9th 11 08:05 AM
Where to buy odd length SS flexible hose John Home Repair 7 July 11th 07 07:28 PM
Burying a sump pump discharge hose [email protected] Home Ownership 4 July 30th 06 07:59 PM
flexible sump pump hose cj Home Repair 2 April 8th 06 10:30 PM
Flexible hob and hose confused Phil UK diy 7 February 22nd 05 09:41 PM