Posted to alt.home.repair

Default AA battery questions

On Aug 15, 9:14*am, "Steve B" wrote:
"WW" wrote

You did not say what type of batteries you have *(Nicads) (alkaline) *??
I use NiCads in my cameras and recharge them with a Power.EX charger.
Model MH-C204W. When installed if not too low red light comes on and when
fully charged a green light shows. *If they are very low when put on
charger a orange light shows and refurbishes the battery then in a while
the red light shows and charging proceeds. *Charger charges both AA and
AAA. *WW

more info: *I use nimh 2500 milliamphours, or whatever. *I have a Radio
Shack charger with the refresh feature, and will handle AA and AAA. *Has a
car jack, too, but we try mostly to use AC current, *unless we are just
stuck and have to charge some. *I like to carry enough to get through the
day. *I might take 1,000 photos a day.

Steve

ARRRGGG! Does anybody else agree that a different charger should be
used!?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 15:26:42 -0700 (PDT), Robert Macy
wrote:

On Aug 15, 9:14Â*am, "Steve B" wrote:
"WW" wrote

You did not say what type of batteries you have Â*(Nicads) (alkaline) Â*??
I use NiCads in my cameras and recharge them with a Power.EX charger.
Model MH-C204W. When installed if not too low red light comes on and when
fully charged a green light shows. Â*If they are very low when put on
charger a orange light shows and refurbishes the battery then in a while
the red light shows and charging proceeds. Â*Charger charges both AA and
AAA. Â*WW

more info: Â*I use nimh 2500 milliamphours, or whatever. Â*I have a Radio
Shack charger with the refresh feature, and will handle AA and AAA. Â*Has a
car jack, too, but we try mostly to use AC current, Â*unless we are just
stuck and have to charge some. Â*I like to carry enough to get through the
day. Â*I might take 1,000 photos a day.

Steve

ARRRGGG! Does anybody else agree that a different charger should be
used!?

I'm not an expert on it, but bought a couple of these after a
so-called "expert" did a lot of testing with instruments.
He had a critical eye about chargers.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o02_s01_i00

I use the Sony AA and AAA in almost everything around the house,
including my Canon camera. But I can't tell you how long they last.
Seem to last longer then the Eneloops I had before them.
My 2 Eneloop chargers were destroyed when my basement flooded.
Still using some of the Eneloop batteries in the Sony chargers, and
they're 3 years old and been charged many times.
Both the Eneloops and Sony NiMH are better than any other
rechargeables I've used. In length of use and how many times they can
be recharged.
Think I've used Targa and Ray-o-Vac, and maybe one other, so my
experience isn't wide. I stopped looking when I started with the
Eneloops, then went to the Sony when I had to replace those chargers,
because I read they were better.
You have to look around at prices because I've seen wide variances.

--
Vic

Posted to alt.home.repair

Any charger that makes the batteries HOT
is doing damage. Many new chargers can be
had, now days, that are much better.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Robert Macy" wrote in message

ARRRGGG! Does anybody else agree
that a different charger should be
used!?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Pro photo guy with a lot of batteries can use one of these.

http://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-TN160-...imh+charger+aa

Smart charger, with 12 bays. Charge 12 batteries at once. That sure looks
"KEWL" to me. Mine does four, and I've got battery envy.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Robert Macy" wrote in message

ARRRGGG! Does anybody else agree
that a different charger should be
used!?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert Macy" wrote

ARRRGGG! Does anybody else agree that a different charger should be
used!?

***

Criminently, people! I bought what was available. You don't have to rake
me over the coals for that. Perhaps you MIGHT have a suggestion for a
better one that I MIGHT consider?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert Macy" wrote

You could have a battery charger that is not so good, and it's not
just a problem with batteries. But, trying to charge a bad battery is
not good either. Sounds like it might be worth it [if can afford it]
to simply scrap all and start over, watching very closely what
happens. Keep old charger and old batteries away from your new stuff
and see if everything gets better.

Got a deal on some enloops, and they are on the way. I will watch their
performance, and if good, go to them exclusively.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:
"Robert Macy" wrote

ARRRGGG! Does anybody else agree that a different charger should be
used!?

***

Criminently, people! I bought what was available. You don't have to rake
me over the coals for that. Perhaps you MIGHT have a suggestion for a
better one that I MIGHT consider?

Steve

Hi,
First off, there are few different type of rechargeable batteries.
You ought to have chargers made for the type of battery. A smart
charger. Batteries ae not created equal even same types.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message

Steve B wrote:
"Robert Macy" wrote

ARRRGGG! Does anybody else agree that a different charger should be
used!?

***

Criminently, people! I bought what was available. You don't have to
rake
me over the coals for that. Perhaps you MIGHT have a suggestion for a
better one that I MIGHT consider?

Steve

Hi,
First off, there are few different type of rechargeable batteries.
You ought to have chargers made for the type of battery. A smart charger.
Batteries ae not created equal even same types.

Thank you. I now know as much as I did before reading your post. What
designates a smart charger from a dumb one? Any brands and models?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 19:58:14 -0700, "Steve B" wrote
in Re AA battery questions:

Thank you. I now know as much as I did before reading your post.

That would be the case no matter what you read and no matter who wrote
it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Vinny From NYC wrote in
news
On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 19:58:14 -0700, "Steve B" wrote
in Re AA battery questions:

Thank you. I now know as much as I did before reading your post.

That would be the case no matter what you read and no matter who wrote
it.

granted,there IS a lot of useless posts on Usenet,but I've found I can get
good information on certain newsgroups,ones that have a decent number of
knowledgeable posters. you also learn quickly who to ignore or killfile.

One item;if you have battery questions,ask on a sci.electronics NG.
sci.electronics.repair is a good one.

or s.e.basics

It helps if you ask auto questions on the specific NG for your auto,etc.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik