Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default AA battery questions

I use AA batteries in my camera. I have about two dozen of them, as I use
my camera professionally.

Lately, in my good charger, when I put some in, the red light flashes,
indicating some problem. Checking them with a volt meter shows from .4 to
1.27 volts. When I put them in, and hit the "REFRESH" button quickly, it
does not engage, but the light goes to flashing. I have rotated about eight
questionable batteries in the charger in all combination of slots, and I
still get a flashing light.

Is there a way to test these batteries to tell if they are toast? I'm sure
that they are probably gone, and I need some more to replenish the quantity
I like to keep on hand. But before I do toss them, I'd like to be sure.

Steve