Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Working mans shoes

I visited a Redwing shoe store, today. In the non-steel toe, they have two
kind of "working man's sneakers" for about $75 and $85, I should have
written the numbers down. By appearance, they look just like the Tredsafe
sneakers at Walmart, that don't last a year.

Oxfords, about $135, permanant sole. Can't be resoled, if they wear thin.

I wasn't impressed with the sales guy who repeatedly took the shoe out of my
hand, and put it back on the rack. If I'm going to spend a hundred bucks,
I'd like to at least have a look at the product. It's not like I'm going to
destroy it by looking.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking
N8N N8N is offline

On Jul 19, 12:15*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I visited a Redwing shoe store, today. In the non-steel toe, they have two
kind of "working man's sneakers" for about *$75 and $85, I should have
written the numbers down. By appearance, they look just like the Tredsafe
sneakers at Walmart, that don't last a year.

Oxfords, about $135, permanant sole. Can't be resoled, if they wear thin.

I wasn't impressed with the sales guy who repeatedly took the shoe out of my
hand, and put it back on the rack. If I'm going to spend a hundred bucks,
I'd like to at least have a look at the product. It's not like I'm going to
destroy it by looking.

I'm more of a work boot kind of guy, but I've been wearing nothing but
Red Wings daily for years, still have a pair that is probably 4 years
old, my favorite pair of boots. They're badly scuffed and the soles
are a little worn, but with a little polish they actually look decent
and they're comfortable as heck.

nate
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

The sales drone today encouraged me to bring the shoes in every month, so
they could do the maintenance. Takes about five minutes, includes laces,
shine, leather treatment, and gosh knows what else.

I don't know how close you are, to the store.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"N8N" wrote in message

I'm more of a work boot kind of guy, but I've been wearing nothing but
Red Wings daily for years, still have a pair that is probably 4 years
old, my favorite pair of boots. They're badly scuffed and the soles
are a little worn, but with a little polish they actually look decent
and they're comfortable as heck.

nate

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message . ..

I wasn't impressed with the sales guy who repeatedly took the shoe out of my
hand, and put it back on the rack. If I'm going to spend a hundred bucks,
I'd like to at least have a look at the product. It's not like I'm going to
destroy it by looking.

If you don't like it, stop fondeling the pumps in the women's shoe department.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/19/12 11:15 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I visited a Redwing shoe store, today. In the non-steel toe, they have two
kind of "working man's sneakers" for about $75 and $85, I should have
written the numbers down. By appearance, they look just like the Tredsafe
sneakers at Walmart, that don't last a year.

Oxfords, about $135, permanant sole. Can't be resoled, if they wear thin.

I wasn't impressed with the sales guy who repeatedly took the shoe out of my
hand, and put it back on the rack. If I'm going to spend a hundred bucks,
I'd like to at least have a look at the product. It's not like I'm going to
destroy it by looking.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

I've had good luck with these:
http://tiny.cc/z5vphw

Cabelas insulated Wellingtons. I work outside so keeping my feets
warm is high on the priority list.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I visited a Redwing shoe store, today. In the non-steel toe, they have two
kind of "working man's sneakers" for about $75 and $85, I should have
written the numbers down. By appearance, they look just like the Tredsafe
sneakers at Walmart, that don't last a year.

Oxfords, about $135, permanant sole. Can't be resoled, if they wear thin.

I wasn't impressed with the sales guy who repeatedly took the shoe out of my
hand, and put it back on the rack.

I would have tighted my grip on the shoe and learned what the problem
was.

If I'm going to spend a hundred bucks,
I'd like to at least have a look at the product. It's not like I'm going to
destroy it by looking.

Absolutely!

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:
The sales drone

Did you really say that?

today encouraged me to bring ... clip
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 19:57:20 -0400, Bill wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
The sales drone

Did you really say that?

His holiness will only answer you if you:
a) show proper decorum/politeness
b) supplicate yourself as his inferior
c) geneuflect before his wonderfulness for all to see
and
d) "if The Spirit" moves him.

IOW, don't expect any answers from this nutjob.

Lg

today encouraged me to bring ... clip

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Butch" wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
. ..

I wasn't impressed with the sales guy who repeatedly took the shoe out
of my hand, and put it back on the rack. If I'm going to spend a
hundred bucks, I'd like to at least have a look at the product. It's
not like I'm going to destroy it by looking.

If you don't like it, stop fondeling the pumps in the women's shoe department.

I was buying dickies oxfords. But, the last pair irritated the top of my
right foot. I didn't figure out how to correct it. Black leather, steel
front, anti slip.
Other than that, I buy whatever i like at kmart.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:

The sales drone today encouraged me to bring the shoes in every month, so
they could do the maintenance. Takes about five minutes, includes laces,
shine, leather treatment, and gosh knows what else.

He sized you up correctly. Anybody that can't be trusted to keep live
batteries in his flashlight probably isn't up to greasing a pair of boots.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, July 19, 2012 9:15:46 AM UTC-7, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I visited a Redwing shoe store, today. In the non-steel toe, they have two
kind of "working man's sneakers" for about $75 and $85, I should have
written the numbers down. By appearance, they look just like the Tredsafe
sneakers at Walmart, that don't last a year.

Oxfords, about $135, permanant sole. Can't be resoled, if they wear thin.

I wasn't impressed with the sales guy who repeatedly took the shoe out of my
hand, and put it back on the rack. If I'm going to spend a hundred bucks,
I'd like to at least have a look at the product. It's not like I'm going to
destroy it by looking.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

The difference between an expensive pair of work shoes or boots and an inexpensive one is the padding which you can remedy by buying work shoes that are slightly larger and wearing two or three pairs of socks to cushion your feet which is even better than a built in padding because you can’t wash the padding in the laundry like you can a pairs of socks.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 20/07/12 10:33, Nicholas wrote:

IOW, don't expect any answers from this nutjob.

Oh, I thought that was his problem; that no one was interested in his nuts.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 16:20:37 +1000, terryc
wrote:

On 20/07/12 10:33, Nicholas wrote:

IOW, don't expect any answers from this nutjob.

Oh, I thought that was his problem; that no one was interested in his nuts.

I mean to say, more than one member of our n/g (alt.survival) thinks
he has crossed the line between normal and whatever else is outside
the circle.

Since I worked as a Ward Orderly at Jamaica Plain Mental Hospital at
Jamaica Plain Mass. when younger (the hospital has since closed), he
reminds me of some of the patients we used to have. Of course, I
worked ward C2, the one for the hardened psychos. This guy probably
would have been on C1 where the less threatening lunatics were
"treated."

Lg

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bill" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:
I visited a Redwing shoe store, today. In the non-steel toe, they have
two
kind of "working man's sneakers" for about $75 and $85, I should have
written the numbers down. By appearance, they look just like the Tredsafe
sneakers at Walmart, that don't last a year.

Oxfords, about $135, permanant sole. Can't be resoled, if they wear thin.

I wasn't impressed with the sales guy who repeatedly took the shoe out of
my
hand, and put it back on the rack.

I would have tighted my grip on the shoe and learned what the problem
was.

The problem was most likely a tag that said "Made in China"

Paul K. Dickman

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Butch wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message . ..

I wasn't impressed with the sales guy who repeatedly took the shoe out of my
hand, and put it back on the rack. If I'm going to spend a hundred bucks,
I'd like to at least have a look at the product. It's not like I'm going to
destroy it by looking.

If you don't like it, stop fondeling the pumps in the women's shoe department.

How else can he pick out your birthday present?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message m...

Butch wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message . ..

I wasn't impressed with the sales guy who repeatedly took the shoe out of my
hand, and put it back on the rack. If I'm going to spend a hundred bucks,
I'd like to at least have a look at the product. It's not like I'm going to
destroy it by looking.

If you don't like it, stop fondeling the pumps in the women's shoe department.

How else can he pick out your birthday present?

Does that make you jealous, Michele?
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Butch wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message . ..

I wasn't impressed with the sales guy who repeatedly took the shoe out of my
hand, and put it back on the rack. If I'm going to spend a hundred bucks,
I'd like to at least have a look at the product. It's not like I'm going to
destroy it by looking.

If you don't like it, stop fondeling the pumps in the women's shoe department.

How else can he pick out your birthday present?

Does that make you jealous, Michele?

Yawn. I wear 11 EEEEEE diabetic shows
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Spooky! That's the size I was fondl^h^h^h^h holding!

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

If you don't like it, stop fondeling the pumps in the women's shoe
department.

How else can he pick out your birthday present?

Does that make you jealous, Michele?

Yawn. I wear 11 EEEEEE diabetic shows

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Spooky! That's the size I was fondl^h^h^h^h holding!

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

If you don't like it, stop fondeling the pumps in the women's shoe
department.

How else can he pick out your birthday present?

Does that make you jealous, Michele?

Yawn. I wear 11 EEEEEE diabetic shows

My feet were 8 1/2 W before I got sick.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Spooky! That's the size I was fondl^h^h^h^h holding!

You sure you weren't looking at snowshoes? EEEEEE classifies you as Little
Sandy Sleighfoot, doesn't it?