Posted to alt.home.repair
SG SG is offline

Default Motion Security Lights

All I can find is wall mount.

Does anyone make an eave mount? Some say they can be mounted either
way, but they really only work properly mounted to a wall.

We have a wall mount mounted to the eave but it had to be taken apart
and reversed to make it aim properly under the eave and it has very
very limited adjustment in this configuration. It quit working the
other day and trying to find something that will work better for the eave.

Thanks!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 22:55:51 -0500, SG wrote:

All I can find is wall mount.

Does anyone make an eave mount? Some say they can be mounted either
way, but they really only work properly mounted to a wall.

We have a wall mount mounted to the eave but it had to be taken apart
and reversed to make it aim properly under the eave and it has very
very limited adjustment in this configuration. It quit working the
other day and trying to find something that will work better for the eave.

Thanks!

I have a box under an eave and a light fixture mounted to it. The
sensor points out, same as a wall mount. Any one with a separate
sensor should be able to be aimed as you need it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 22:55:51 -0500, SG wrote:

All I can find is wall mount.

Does anyone make an eave mount? Some say they can be mounted either
way, but they really only work properly mounted to a wall.

We have a wall mount mounted to the eave but it had to be taken apart
and reversed to make it aim properly under the eave and it has very
very limited adjustment in this configuration. It quit working the
other day and trying to find something that will work better for the eave.

Thanks!

They are all the same. It's how you mount them that matters. On the
other hand, these seem to be in the "you get what you pay for" category.
The cheaper ones work poorly and the costly ones work better. At the
same time, I have never found any of them that worked perfectly. The
technology seems to be lacking. I actually got rid of all of them, and
just use a timer these days. It seemed that either they were either
insensitive, and would not come on until I was right in front of them,
or they were too sensitive and every cat, dog, raindrop, insect, or
whatever, would make them turn on. Since I wanted them to turn on from
a distance, they went on and off all night long from critters and
sometimes moving tree limbs. I was wasting a lot of electricity. One
was on my barn, and my livestock made it go on and of all the time. I
placed a light on the garage, which I switch on from a switch outside
the garage door. That lights my path to the barn. The old motion
sensor is just a plain light on a switch now. I see my way to the barn
via the garage light, then turn on the barn light. When I leave, I shut
both off in reverse. It works. But it's not for security reasons, just
so I can see when I have to go to the barn in the dark, particularly
because there are steps to go down, which can get slick in winter.

Junior Member

HS3100D Grey Motion Light Adapter. This is an excellent way to install a motion detector without having to worry about wiring in a new one. This model works well as described. This product for you.

insulation blowers

Last edited by James Hardy : July 7th 12 at 12:38 PM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 3, 10:55*pm, SG wrote:
All I can find is wall mount.

Does anyone make an eave mount? Some say they can be mounted either
way, but they really only work properly mounted to a wall.

We have a wall mount mounted to the eave but it had to be taken apart
and reversed to make it aim properly under the eave and it has very
very limited adjustment in this configuration. It quit working the
other day and trying to find something that will work better for the eave..

Thanks!

Go to your handy hardware store and see what is available. The ones
I've seen and bought could be mounted in almost any conceivable
postion, they are on swivels and box covers and can be loosened on the
box cover and reoriented to almost any conceivable position.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 4, 8:13*pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On Jul 3, 10:55*pm, SG wrote:

All I can find is wall mount.

Does anyone make an eave mount? Some say they can be mounted either
way, but they really only work properly mounted to a wall.

We have a wall mount mounted to the eave but it had to be taken apart
and reversed to make it aim properly under the eave and it has very
very limited adjustment in this configuration. It quit working the
other day and trying to find something that will work better for the eave.

Thanks!

Go to your handy hardware store and see what is available. *The ones
I've seen and bought could be mounted in almost any conceivable
postion, they are on swivels and box covers and can be loosened on the
box cover and reoriented to almost any conceivable position.

Same here. I bought dual head, halgon ones at HD
10 years ago and have them mounted under the eaves.
AFAIK, they still have very similar ones available
today.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, July 3, 2012 8:55:51 PM UTC-7, SG wrote:
All I can find is wall mount.

Does anyone make an eave mount? Some say they can be mounted either
way, but they really only work properly mounted to a wall.

We have a wall mount mounted to the eave but it had to be taken apart
and reversed to make it aim properly under the eave and it has very
very limited adjustment in this configuration. It quit working the
other day and trying to find something that will work better for the eave.

Thanks!

The quality control on the sensors is very hit and miss and that includes occupancy sensors. Sometimes I have had to replace brand-new ones a half a dozen times before I found one that worked.