Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How far to hang light

Hanging a mini pendant over the kitchen sink. Box is out 12" from wall, we
have 7'6" ceilings. Is there a standard, or is it preference? We're both
just under 6' tall, I'm sure we don't want it in our eyes. It is an
adjustable pendant.

Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Do six weeks of internet research. Consult about a dozen contractors. Factor
in the pythagorian theorum, and calculate the sine and consine of the
angles. Tape measure every possible dimension, and add them to an Exsell
spread sheet. Consult Confucious, Aristotle, and the monks in Tibet. Go to
church, ask a priest. Go to temple, and ask a Rabbi.

And then get a ladder. Ask her to stand in front of the sink, run the lamp
up and down. Put it where she tells you.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Gomba" wrote in message ...
Hanging a mini pendant over the kitchen sink. Box is out 12" from wall, we
have 7'6" ceilings. Is there a standard, or is it preference? We're both
just under 6' tall, I'm sure we don't want it in our eyes. It is an
adjustable pendant.

Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 11:17:15 -0400, "Gomba" wrote:

Hanging a mini pendant over the kitchen sink. Box is out 12" from wall, we
have 7'6" ceilings. Is there a standard, or is it preference? We're both
just under 6' tall, I'm sure we don't want it in our eyes. It is an
adjustable pendant.

Thanks!

Generally high enogh that it is impossible to bump your head on it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 11:17:15 -0400, "Gomba" wrote:

Hanging a mini pendant over the kitchen sink. Box is out 12" from wall, we
have 7'6" ceilings. Is there a standard, or is it preference? We're both
just under 6' tall, I'm sure we don't want it in our eyes. It is an
adjustable pendant.

Thanks!

Depends on how bad you want to get rid of your wife. If you hang it so
that it is in the sink and gets filled with water when she does dishes,
you'll get rid of her faster. Of course make sure it's not on a GFCI,
or it wont be effective.