Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Average Cost For New Garage Roof?? OVERHANG GONE!

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 11:34:21 -0400, (MICHELLE H.)
wrote:

We had a 5-10 minute thunderstorm 2 days ago with some heavy downpours,
and after the storm was over, we heard a loud noise come from the
backyard ( where the garage is located ). We went out and looked around,
and found out that the overhang on the right side of the garage roof was
totally in ruins. The whole overhang just gave out, and crashed to the

By the way, I had the opposite problem some years back. I bought
property that needed a lot of work. There was a garage with a good
metal roof, but the walls were off the foundation and there was a bad
lean to the whole building. That winter, the snow on the roof caused 3
of the 4 walls to collapse. Come spring, using a tractor with a loader,
and some posts, I lifted the roof on the one remaining wall, pulled that
wall back on the foundation with chains and come-alongs, put the posts
under the roof, and prayed that we did not have a bad wind storm while I
built 3 new walls under the suspended roof. Everything went well, and I
got a good garage for little money. Several years later I added on to
make a bigger garage on the side with the remaining wall. That old wall
was removed in the process. Now I have a new garage with an old (but
good) roof (except for the new roof section on the addition).

When I started lifting the roof, several guys told me I was crazy, and
that it would never work. I got the last laugh!!!!
Just like the old man that once lived here said, "When someone tells me
I cant do something, that just makes me want to prove them wrong". I'm
the same way.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The Average Cost For Everything

Hey, I need to know what's the average cost of a car repair?

Let me make myself perfectly clear. We need to know the average cost of the
wealthiest 1% of Americans, who didn't pay their fair share, due to the Bush
tax cuts.

I can think of better use of my time, than having sex with a Kenyan who
smokes. Yech! Scuse me while I go vomit. Besides, he specializes in screwing
the poor, while saying he wants to screw the rich.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message
Ok, enough of this "average cost for a garage roof" messages.......

Lets concentrate on the average cost for EVERYTHING!!!!

Since everything has a price, the average cost for everything is
somewhere between one cent and one million dollars.

Sure, there are those coupons worth 1/100th of one cent, which means
that if you collect one hundred of them you can get a penny (which
always seemed like a fun thing to do), but it also says they have no
cash value. Therefore, you must pay one cent minimum to get anything
and everything.

At the same time, few things cost over one million dollars, excluding
commercial machinery, military equipment, government expenditures, and
the homes of the most wealthy. Therefore, the high limit for most
homeowners (remember, this is alt.home.repair), should be set at one
million dollars.

Knowing this, the next time anyone on here wants a price for anything,
simply tell them that they can expect to pay anywhere from one cent to
one million dollars. You will be correct 99.999999999999% of the time.

Anyone want to know any prices now? I'm ready to assist!!!!
(U.S. Dollars ONLY). If you use another currency, ask your mother
(assuming they have mothers in foreign countries)....

Here is some helpful info:

Roll of duct tape - $0.01 to $1,000,000.00
Garage roof - $0.01 to $1,000,000.00
Hammer - $0.01 to $1,000,000.00
Cookie - $0.01 to $1,000,000.00
Cost to paint a home - $0.01 to $1,000,000.00
Installed toilet - $0.01 to $1,000,000.00
New home - $0.01 to $1,000,000.00
Replacement windows - $0.01 to $1,000,000.00
Microsoft windows - $0.01 to $1,000,000.00
Sex with a famous model - $0.01 to $1,000,000.00
Hamburger at McD - $0.01 to $1,000,000.00
5lb Box of 16d sinkers - $0.01 to $1,000,000.00
Tube of silicone caulking - $0.01 to $1,000,000.00
12 foot 2x4 - $0.01 to $1,000,000.00
Pot roast - $0.01 to $1,000,000.00
Pork and Beans (16 oz can) - $0.01 to $1,000,000.00
Furnace repair - $0.01 to $1,000,000.00
New Chevy truck - $0.01 to $1,000,000.00
HDTV - $0.01 to $1,000,000.00
Motel room for a night - $0.01 to $1,000,000.00
Gallon of gasoline - $0.01 to $1,000,000.00
Carpeting for the whole house - $0.01 to $1,000,000.00
Bag of dog food - $0.01 to $1,000,000.00
Roll of toilet paper - $0.01 to $1,000,000.00
Shot and a beer - $0.01 to $1,000,000.00
Sex with the President of the USA - Priceless!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Average Cost For New Garage Roof??

Don't believe the question was for a hill billy roof.

10 sheets plywood $150 whens the last time you priced plywood?

Last week: Home Depot $13 for 1/2" exterior ply 4x8; $9 for 3/8"

35 yr laminated shingles $15/bundle, phone around small qty may be on
special

OR

Just pay someone $300-400 a square to pound in some nails
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 14, 1:25*am, mark wrote:
Don't believe the question was for a hill billy roof.

10 sheets plywood $150 whens the last time you priced plywood?

Last week: Home Depot $13 for 1/2" exterior ply 4x8; $9 for 3/8"

35 yr laminated shingles $15/bundle, phone around small qty may be on
special

OR

Just pay someone $300-400 a square to pound in some nails

looks like plywood cost have dropped like a rock......
Posted to alt.home.repair

Nope, just good old everyday Canadian prices, less if you shop around

If you really want to save, get some 15/32 OSB for 6.97 a sheet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 23:51:07 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

On Jun 14, 1:25Â*am, mark wrote:
Don't believe the question was for a hill billy roof.

10 sheets plywood $150 whens the last time you priced plywood?

Last week: Home Depot $13 for 1/2" exterior ply 4x8; $9 for 3/8"

35 yr laminated shingles $15/bundle, phone around small qty may be on
special

OR

Just pay someone $300-400 a square to pound in some nails

looks like plywood cost have dropped like a rock......

That depends on the plywood. G1S is likely still double that or
better, but a total waste on a roof.