Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default washer and dryer swap dilemna

I have an old Maytag heavy duty dryer (about 14+ years old) and
Whirlpool washer (about 3.5 yrs old, model WTW57ESVW0), and so far
they work great. I got the Whirlpool based on the recommendation of
my appliance fix it guy and he said to avoid the electronics so that's
why I picked this washing machine model.

Now I just bought an investment home to rent that came with Samsung
front loaders ( washer model: dv409 ; dryer model: wf419aaw ) which I
estimate to be about 3 years old with pedestals so you don't have to
bend that much for either.

My dilemna is that I like what I have in my own house but I'm hesitant
to let strange rental people use the fancy Samsungs. I was thinking
of swapping the Samsungs with mine but I'm undecided. It would cost
me about $120 to do so (houses are like 4 miles apart). Another idea
is to store the Samsungs and install new ones in the rental home but I
guess storing appliances probably isn't the best idea due to seals
drying out, etc..??? I guess I'm too attached to my own washer and
dryer (in my own home). I guess I need to realize that my old Maytag
dryer could go kaput any day now at this age and that if I left the
Samsungs in the rental home and they need repair, it would be tax
deductible. Not sure if that helps me decide any but still should be
considered.

Any opinions?