Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Clean dirty bathtub

On 5/26/2012 7:54 PM, Evan wrote:
On May 26, 7:08 pm, wrote:
My bathtub has a stain in it that is impossible to remove so far. Here
is a picture of it:http://www.flickr.com/photos/5423000...7629878927850/.

What should I use to remove the stain? I tried bleach and it does not
work. It feels rather rough and even powderly at the stained area.

Thanks

The porcelain coating on the cast iron tub has become worn
you have rust stains, bleach will not remove rust stains...

You can try a rust remover like CLR (or something stronger
if CLR doesn't work) but you will have to keep cleaning those
spots as the porcelain has now become porous and will continue
to develop stains in those places until you have the tub
refinished...

Doesn't look like typical rust stain....looks more like lime deposits,
in which case CLR would do a good job. Odd location for deposits. We
have a composite sink in bathroom and hard water; I've used toothpaste
on my finger to rub out light stains.