Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Chain saw brand

On May 13, 7:23*pm, Steve Barker wrote:
On 5/13/2012 12:43 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:

On 05/13/2012 01:40 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
wrote :

On 5/11/2012 5:33 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

I'm still using a walk-behind lawnmower that I bought at Walmart in
1999. Go figure.

That's exceptional! What brand is it?

Yard Machines (MTD) with a Tecumseh engine.

Wow, how many times have you replaced the flywheel key? (of course, it
doesn't take long after the first time you've done it...)

nate

If the thing is tight to begin with, and you don't hit any solid
objects, there's no reason to shear that key.

--
Steve Barker

Yep. Other than hitting something or poor torqueing when it was lasst
assumbled the key souuld last longer than the rest of the engine.

Harry
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in :

On 5/11/2012 5:33 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

I'm still using a walk-behind lawnmower that I bought at Walmart in 1999. Go figure.

That's exceptional! What brand is it?

Yard Machines (MTD) with a Tecumseh engine.

Wow, how many times have you replaced the flywheel key? (of course, it
doesn't take long after the first time you've done it...)

Twice. Realizing that the most time-consuming part of replacing that key was the trip to a
mower shop to buy one, I bought three keys the second time it happened. Five years ago.
And I haven't had to replace one since.
Posted to alt.home.repair

There is a certain divine providence, in having spare parts on hand. One is
less likely to need them.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. ..

Wow, how many times have you replaced the flywheel key? (of course, it
doesn't take long after the first time you've done it...)

Twice. Realizing that the most time-consuming part of replacing that key was
the trip to a
mower shop to buy one, I bought three keys the second time it happened. Five
years ago.
And I haven't had to replace one since.

Posted to alt.home.repair

]

#
# There is a certain divine providence, in having spare parts on hand. One
is
# less likely to need them.

Very much like packing heat.
The great majority never even need to draw. (And that includes the
police).

Posted to alt.home.repair

.

"Doug Miller" wrote in message

Wow, how many times have you replaced the flywheel key? (of course, it
doesn't take long after the first time you've done it...)

Twice. Realizing that the most time-consuming part of replacing that key was
the trip to a
mower shop to buy one, I bought three keys the second time it happened. Five
years ago.
And I haven't had to replace one since.

Very much like having and "emergency fund" or a couple of hundred $$ in your
wallet.