Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Whirlpool Opens New Factory in USA

http://www.marke****ch.com/story/whi...see-2012-04-10

"We are proud to have more U.S. manufacturing employees than all of our
major competitors combined and today's ceremony further signifies
Whirlpool Corporation's confidence in the Cleveland, Tennessee workforce
and in U.S. manufacturing in general," said Jeff Fettig, chairman and
chief executive officer for Whirlpool Corporation. "The advanced
production here supports the growth of our premium cooking products
business, which includes some of the most innovative ranges, ovens and
cooktops offered in the marketplace."

"I want to congratulate all the people at Whirlpool on 100 years of
making things here in America. Today, CEOs both in the U.S. and abroad
are seeing places like Cleveland, Tennessee, and they're saying 'That's
where I want my next factory to go,'" said U.S. Commerce Secretary John
Bryson. "They see our R&D, our supply chains, the quality of our
products, and our talented workforce. There is simply no comparison.
American competitiveness and American innovation are full speed ahead."