Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Paver patio question

We are having a paver patio installed in our back yard and have now
gatjered all bids and designs.

One contractor, who has a great design and a quality line of pavers,
has NOT bid poly sand as the medium to fill the spaces and lock in
the whole patio. Everyone else has done so, but those who bid it
have not had a real good explanation as to why they use it. "We've
been doing it for years - it seems to work", but why did you switch
drom regular sand?

The guy who did not bid the poly sand has gone into some detailed
reasons that seem to be plausible. He is a well known contractor,
with tenure in the area, and he says all his pavers (driveway, patio,
pool surround, etc.) were done without the poly sand and with no
problems over a 12 year period.

th From what I've read both will "lock" in the pavers, each will
require some maintenance - poly needing less, etc. I don't have an
opinion one way or another. I will get a guarantee, but sometimes
the process of fixing a guarantee is a big hassle which I always try
to avoid. I would rather pay to have the job done right the first
time.

Can anyone talk of their experiences or if you are a contractor, what
do you bid on your jobs?

Thanks
John Carter

Paver Patio Question - Please help! [email protected] Home Repair 0 April 30th 08 04:26 PM
Spongy Paver Patio Jerry Home Repair 4 June 19th 06 12:41 PM
Paver patio Matt Morgan Home Repair 5 April 4th 05 12:04 PM
Paver Stone Patio Installation Question M.Paul Home Repair 6 September 3rd 04 09:17 PM
paver patio steps Rob Home Repair 2 July 18th 03 03:17 PM