Matt Morgan

Default Paver patio

All,

This post may appear twice, I apologize if this happens.

About 3 years ago, I had a paver (sand foundation) patio put in.

It's about 75' long, by 9' deep.

Problem is that the leading edge ends on a slope, leaving the entire row of
pavers at ground level.

The sand is washing from under the last row; and stepping on them causes
them to collapse to the angle of the slope.

The installers had put in plastic strips along the leght of the leading
edge, secured with 7" spikes.

That solution is failing, and I've a feeling the problem is going to work
its way backwards all the way to the edge of my house.

(Althought the patio is 100% level).

Any ideas as to how I might secure the final row of pavers?

Thanks
Matt

Joseph Meehan

Matt Morgan wrote:
All,

This post may appear twice, I apologize if this happens.

About 3 years ago, I had a paver (sand foundation) patio put in.

It's about 75' long, by 9' deep.

Problem is that the leading edge ends on a slope, leaving the entire
row of pavers at ground level.

The sand is washing from under the last row; and stepping on them
causes them to collapse to the angle of the slope.

The installers had put in plastic strips along the leght of the
leading edge, secured with 7" spikes.

That solution is failing, and I've a feeling the problem is going to
work its way backwards all the way to the edge of my house.

(Althought the patio is 100% level).

Any ideas as to how I might secure the final row of pavers?

Thanks
Matt

My suggestion is to get some clay heavy soil to build up around the
patio. You can leave the edging the builder used, but back it up with a
foot of so of heavy clay soil sloping slightly away from the patio.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia's Muire duit

Matt Morgan

Thanks Joseph -

But I'm guessing that it will take a WHOLE LOT! of soil to do that, as it's
a fairly steep grade.

But, if thats what it takes, thats what it takes.

Thanks again.

Matt

Andrew

Bury a few cinder blocks or a row of a retaining wall and cement the last
couple of rows on top. - make you prepare the base with something that will
allow moisture to drain and make you tap it really well.

Thank,s

"Matt Morgan" wrote in message
m...
Thanks Joseph -

But I'm guessing that it will take a WHOLE LOT! of soil to do that, as

it's
a fairly steep grade.

But, if thats what it takes, thats what it takes.

Thanks again.

Matt

Matt

Cool. I like that idea.

Thanks!

m Ransley

Use a 2x6 treated as your edge, level with the stone

Advise for deck over patio with little clearance Mike Brancato Home Ownership 3 January 2nd 05 09:49 PM
Paver Stone Patio Installation Question M.Paul Home Repair 6 September 3rd 04 09:17 PM
Pinning new patio to existing foundation Jeff Home Repair 0 January 21st 04 03:24 AM
paver patio steps Rob Home Repair 2 July 18th 03 03:17 PM
flagstone patio next to house - plastic under it or not? Lyne Home Repair 4 June 25th 03 06:48 PM