Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Paver Patio Question - Please help!

I need some advice from the group. I recently spent the past week
putting in a soft-set paver patio and I have completed the
installation including the edging, but I have not had a chance to do a
final compacting over the bricks to push them into the sand, nor have
I put in the final layer of "in-between" sand that you brush into the
patio from the top of the pavers.

The primary reason I haven't been able to finish this step is due to
the weather. We have had rain the day after I was finished with
installation, and it is forecasted to rain this weekend. Here are my
questions:

1. How long can I conceivably wait to complete the final step in the
patio - the last compacting and installation of joining sand?

2. If I need to wait for a few more weeks to finish this step, will I
be causing issues with the patio in terms of stability appearance etc?

3. Does the bedding sand underneath need to be bone dry before
compacting or can it be somewhat damp?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

How to build paver patio steps Ed B. Home Repair 2 June 26th 07 02:03 AM
Spongy Paver Patio Jerry Home Repair 4 June 19th 06 12:41 PM
Paver patio Matt Morgan Home Repair 5 April 4th 05 12:04 PM
Paver Stone Patio Installation Question M.Paul Home Repair 6 September 3rd 04 09:17 PM
paver patio steps Rob Home Repair 2 July 18th 03 03:17 PM