Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Time To Paint HardiePlank Siding?

Is it time to think about repainting a HardiePlank home exterior that was
new in 2003? I've done some touch-up in a few places where the paint peeled
due to moisture such as the drip cap at the top of the windows, but wonder
how to tell when a complete paint job is needed. The paint still looks
fine. but it's been exposed to the winters and summers of northern Ohio and
is probably slowly wearing down to the primer layer.

Tomsic

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/12/2012 4:45 PM, Tomsic wrote:
Is it time to think about repainting a HardiePlank home exterior that was
new in 2003? I've done some touch-up in a few places where the paint peeled
due to moisture such as the drip cap at the top of the windows, but wonder
how to tell when a complete paint job is needed. The paint still looks
fine. but it's been exposed to the winters and summers of northern Ohio and
is probably slowly wearing down to the primer layer.

Tomsic

I don't have HardiePlank. I've got t111 but I paint the bottom half much
more often than the top. Moisture and sun exposure make a big
difference. I might be lazy (okay I'm lazy) but If it ain't broke I
don't fix it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 17:45:18 -0400, "Tomsic" wrote:

Is it time to think about repainting a HardiePlank home exterior that was
new in 2003? I've done some touch-up in a few places where the paint peeled
due to moisture such as the drip cap at the top of the windows, but wonder
how to tell when a complete paint job is needed. The paint still looks
fine. but it's been exposed to the winters and summers of northern Ohio and
is probably slowly wearing down to the primer layer.

Tomsic

What is Hardie Plank ????

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 18:30:24 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 17:45:18 -0400, "Tomsic" wrote:

Is it time to think about repainting a HardiePlank home exterior that was
new in 2003? I've done some touch-up in a few places where the paint
peeled
due to moisture such as the drip cap at the top of the windows, but
wonder
how to tell when a complete paint job is needed. The paint still looks
fine. but it's been exposed to the winters and summers of northern Ohio
and
is probably slowly wearing down to the primer layer.

Tomsic

What is Hardie Plank ????

http://www.jameshardie.com/homeowner...llection.shtml

It's an update of the old cement siding idea. The cement is mixed with
polymers to make it easy to cut, nail and drill so it goes on like wood
siding. The advantage is that, properly applied, paint lasts longer without
peeling or flaking especially in cold, damp climates. Houses in a lake area
in upstate New York where I visit seem to have converted to it almost 100%
which is why I used it for new home.

Tomsic

HardiePlank siding Steve Home Repair 9 December 6th 06 02:51 AM
vinyl siding vs paint James Lewis Home Repair 0 April 1st 06 09:16 AM
to paint or to put a new siding Pawel Home Repair 22 December 7th 05 05:21 PM
Hardieplank [email protected] Home Repair 2 April 19th 05 02:35 AM
Hardieplank or vinyl siding.. ROBMURR Home Repair 6 July 28th 04 12:10 PM