ROBMURR

Default Hardieplank or vinyl siding..

Currently have LP siding that is deteriorating after 10 years.
I installed it and about 1/2 of it is bad.
Want to either replace the damaged sections with hardieplank
and repaint or do the whole house in vinyl...I know putting the
old LP stuff up was hard up high due to weight but I know the
hardie plank weighs a ton!

I have helped on a vinyl install before and was not hard and the
materials were lightweight and do not need painting.
some neighbors have vinyl 15 years old and looks fine still.
Newer vinyl designs seem to look better than theirs.
I think I am answering my own question here and leaning towards
the vinyl solution. But any comments welcome..
Rob
Joseph Meehan

ROBMURR wrote:
Currently have LP siding that is deteriorating after 10 years.
I installed it and about 1/2 of it is bad.
Want to either replace the damaged sections with hardieplank
and repaint or do the whole house in vinyl...I know putting the
old LP stuff up was hard up high due to weight but I know the
hardie plank weighs a ton!

I have helped on a vinyl install before and was not hard and the
materials were lightweight and do not need painting.
some neighbors have vinyl 15 years old and looks fine still.
Newer vinyl designs seem to look better than theirs.
I think I am answering my own question here and leaning towards
the vinyl solution. But any comments welcome..
Rob

Today's better vinyls are not bad, but they do tend to be noisy in wind.
They rattle.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math