Posted to alt.home.repair

Default refridgerator wattage

Got kill a watt meter today. I was sort of surprised checking my post 1993
vs my, i think late 70's machine. I'll have to see if I got correct dates.
The newer drawing about 200 watts, and old 250 watts. I expected more on
the older. The old one does not have condenser fan. I think I'm in pretty
good shape. I can't imagine going lower than 200 watts. Looking at guide.

http://michaelbluejay.com/electricit...igerators.html

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 31, 10:02*pm, gregz wrote:
Got kill a watt meter today. I was sort of surprised checking my post 1993
vs my, i think late 70's machine. I'll have to see if I got correct dates..
The newer drawing about 200 watts, and old 250 watts. I expected more on
the older. The old one does not have condenser fan. I think I'm in pretty
good shape. I can't imagine going lower than 200 watts. Looking at guide.

http://michaelbluejay.com/electricit...igerators.html

Greg

More important is what it draws over several days, that's where you
will see the difference.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 31, 11:14*pm, ransley wrote:
On Mar 31, 10:02*pm, gregz wrote:

Got kill a watt meter today. I was sort of surprised checking my post 1993
vs my, i think late 70's machine. I'll have to see if I got correct dates.
The newer drawing about 200 watts, and old 250 watts. I expected more on
the older. The old one does not have condenser fan. I think I'm in pretty
good shape. I can't imagine going lower than 200 watts. Looking at guide.

http://michaelbluejay.com/electricit...igerators.html

Greg

More important is what it draws over several days, that's where you
will see the difference.

Yes, what you want to measure is the Kwh or cost over
at least a few days to get a meaningful number. Watts
is only showing the instantaneous power at one point
in time.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 31, 8:02*pm, gregz wrote:
Got kill a watt meter today. I was sort of surprised checking my post 1993
vs my, i think late 70's machine. I'll have to see if I got correct dates..
The newer drawing about 200 watts, and old 250 watts. I expected more on
the older. The old one does not have condenser fan. I think I'm in pretty
good shape. I can't imagine going lower than 200 watts. Looking at guide.

http://michaelbluejay.com/electricit...igerators.html

Greg

Aside from how much electricity it uses, what is the temperature
reading at the lowest temperature setting and how long it takes the
refrigerator to recover back to that temperature after the door is
opened for a period of time and closed again. If the temperature
doesn’t get cold enough or if it takes too long to recover the fact
that it uses less electricity is irrelevant.