Posted to alt.home.repair

Default refridgerator defrost

Trying to get companies to start making these things right. The defrost
cycle should be selectable and NOT the time delayed method. You do not
want the thing to defrost when its hot and kids are using it. Its best
done while people are asleep or not using it. The temperature will rise
in the freezer to at least 20 degrees and more, for a half hour during
defrost. I just ran a week long test. I always suspected that freezers
i have used go too far into extremes. Anybody who eats ice cream knows
that the cream is a lot softer after a defrost cycle. With more
equipment using digital processors, refrigerators should not be from
the ice age. My actual test was far from worst case. I did not open the
doors during defrost.
gs

Posted to alt.home.repair

They used to do that, and stopped because if a power outage occurred
the clock would get off and the unit would appear to be broken as it
shut down in the daytime. With todays technology (wireless atomic
clocks for one, bios clocks with battery backup for another) there is
no reason not to bring it back. My Monogram is now on a 6 hr timer, ti
used to be 10 hr but that just didn't get it, so I upgraded(?) it.

Posted to alt.home.repair
DK DK is offline

On 18 Jan 2007 06:05:45 -0800, "zekor" wrote:

Trying to get companies to start making these things right. The defrost
cycle should be selectable and NOT the time delayed method. You do not
want the thing to defrost when its hot and kids are using it. Its best
done while people are asleep or not using it. The temperature will rise
in the freezer to at least 20 degrees and more, for a half hour during
defrost. I just ran a week long test. I always suspected that freezers
i have used go too far into extremes. Anybody who eats ice cream knows
that the cream is a lot softer after a defrost cycle. With more
equipment using digital processors, refrigerators should not be from
the ice age. My actual test was far from worst case. I did not open the
doors during defrost.
gs

My defroster on my side by side comes on twice a day. Current jumps
from 2.6 amps to 5 amps. When I really overload the freezer, the
defroster is still not enough and ice doesn't get completely melted in
the evaporator coil area.
So about twice a year, I defrost the coils with a hair dryer

.. I'm getting a chest freezer to hold the overflow.

Refridgerator door repair Dan Home Repair 1 November 27th 06 06:21 AM
Deepfreeze Refridgerator Wayne UK diy 2 May 6th 06 10:34 AM
Re : Refridgerator Problem SCOTT Home Repair 1 September 7th 05 12:10 AM
GE Refridgerator not dispensing ice Aaron Home Repair 1 August 14th 05 12:45 AM
Refridgerator is warm Scott Home Repair 4 September 12th 04 01:14 AM