Posted to alt.home.repair

Default maytag fridge

Strange as this might sound.....my husband and I woke up this morningto
what we thought was the tornado siren. Turns out it was our refrigerator!
Any thoughts on this one?
-------------------------------------

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/26/12 08:04 am, brenlx wrote:

Strange as this might sound.....my husband and I woke up this morningto
what we thought was the tornado siren. Turns out it was our refrigerator!
Any thoughts on this one?

I am guessing that what you heard was the fan blades scraping against
something. Fan motor bearings failed?

Perce

Posted to alt.home.repair

Quit using Homeowners Hub, and post to Usenet the regular way.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"brenlx" wrote in message
roups.com...

Strange as this might sound.....my husband and I woke up this morningto
what we thought was the tornado siren. Turns out it was our refrigerator!
Any thoughts on this one?
-------------------------------------

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 12:04:03 +0000, brenlx wrote:

Strange as this might sound.....my husband and I woke up this morningto
what we thought was the tornado siren. Turns out it was our
refrigerator!
Any thoughts on this one?

If you open it and Zuul, the Gatekeeper of Gozer, is inside, you know who
to call...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 26, 7:53*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Quit using Homeowners Hub, and post to Usenet the regular way.
-------------------------------------

Don't be a Usenet snob. This is 2012, and we'll eventually have to
accept a wide variety of posting methods. Including, eventually, via
SMS. Which will really suck.

I'd check the fan bearing. Should be easy: Unplug the unit. Pull out
all the interior panels in the freezer section until you see the fan.
Plug the unit back in.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
On 03/26/12 08:04 am, brenlx wrote:

Strange as this might sound.....my husband and I woke up this morningto
what we thought was the tornado siren. Turns out it was our
refrigerator!
Any thoughts on this one?

I am guessing that what you heard was the fan blades scraping against
something. Fan motor bearings failed?

I had to replace the evaporator coil fan on my ancient Sears Coldspot a few
years ago after the bearings started getting noisy. They never would have a
problem in the daytime (it seemed), but instead they would act up in the
middle of the night when I would be trying to sleep.

Damn thing drove me crazy until I replace it with an ebay-purchased unit. I
did try lubricating the bearings a few times, but eventually not even that
helped.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

brenlx wrote in
roups.com:

Strange as this might sound.....my husband and I woke up this
morningto what we thought was the tornado siren. Turns out it was our
refrigerator!
Any thoughts on this one?
-------------------------------------

Have you opened the frig and looked for a tornado siren?

Red Green,
Experienced Homeowner Hub Advisor
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 23:08:08 +0000 (UTC), Red Green
wrote:

brenlx wrote in
groups.com:

Strange as this might sound.....my husband and I woke up this
morningto what we thought was the tornado siren. Turns out it was our
refrigerator!
Any thoughts on this one?
-------------------------------------

Have you opened the frig and looked for a tornado siren?

Someone put the Ajax in the 'fridge?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Shhh... don't tell him. I put it there last week. I got it from the Civil
Defense auction in Chicago, after they found all that stuff. Wait till he
finds the Civil Defense crackers in the salad crisper drawer.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..