Posted to alt.home.repair

Default electric screwdrive bits

I have an old skill battery powered screwdriver that uses double end
bits, one end of the bit is for slotted screws and the other for
Phillips. The bit is held in magnetically. I have a newer Hitachi
battery screwdriver and it came with just single ended bits that have
a groove around the base and are held in like an air chuck does. I
find the double ended bit system in the old screwdriver much more
versatile and have looked in vain for some kind of similar double
ended bit for the Hitachi. Is there no such animal? I found some
that look like they might work but the groove is in the wrong place.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/25/2012 1:17 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
I have an old skill battery powered screwdriver that uses double end
bits, one end of the bit is for slotted screws and the other for
Phillips. The bit is held in magnetically. I have a newer Hitachi
battery screwdriver and it came with just single ended bits that have
a groove around the base and are held in like an air chuck does. I
find the double ended bit system in the old screwdriver much more
versatile and have looked in vain for some kind of similar double
ended bit for the Hitachi. Is there no such animal? I found some
that look like they might work but the groove is in the wrong place.

Do a Google search for an Ace 2060275. The groove may be in the wrong place as
I'm not familiar with the Hitachi screwdriver.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/25/2012 1:17 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
I have an old skill battery powered screwdriver that uses double end
bits, one end of the bit is for slotted screws and the other for
Phillips. The bit is held in magnetically. I have a newer Hitachi
battery screwdriver and it came with just single ended bits that have
a groove around the base and are held in like an air chuck does. I
find the double ended bit system in the old screwdriver much more
versatile and have looked in vain for some kind of similar double
ended bit for the Hitachi. Is there no such animal? I found some
that look like they might work but the groove is in the wrong place.

http://www.skiltools.com/Accessories...es.aspx?cid=12
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 11:17:56 -0700, Ashton Crusher
wrote:

I have an old skill battery powered screwdriver that uses double end
bits, one end of the bit is for slotted screws and the other for
Phillips. The bit is held in magnetically. I have a newer Hitachi
battery screwdriver and it came with just single ended bits that have
a groove around the base and are held in like an air chuck does. I
find the double ended bit system in the old screwdriver much more
versatile and have looked in vain for some kind of similar double
ended bit for the Hitachi. Is there no such animal? I found some
that look like they might work but the groove is in the wrong place.

There are many holders available, either a positive lock or magnetic
http://www.mcfeelys.com/search/bit+holder

IMO, the positive lock is best
http://www.mcfeelys.com/product/FSC-...-2-78quot-Long

This is the one I have. Works well, fast and easy to make changes.
http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-CC2100-C...199496&sr=1-10

freud router bits: worth the price? Need 'canoe' bits Bernard Arnest Woodworking 8 June 7th 10 01:03 PM
One more unemployed nutritious bits noisily nominate as the electric reachs reassure. E. Burzlaff Home Repair 0 December 10th 07 12:20 AM
Which Style Drill Bits to Buy? / Opinions on Craftsman Drill Bits? JWho Metalworking 18 November 20th 05 07:07 AM
Chrome Electric Bits John UK diy 4 March 26th 04 06:38 PM
Electric Screwdriver Bits Roger UK diy 5 January 30th 04 11:19 AM