Junior Member

Question Rubber Feet needed

I have a vintage WearEver cast aluminum citrus juicer needing replacement rubber feet. The originals were a 7/16" (.4375) diameter shoulder that fit into the base hole by 1/4" (.25) and the upper pad part is an additional 1/4" higher that steps up to a 1/2" (.5) pad diameter. This mfger is out of business and I am looking for a source that may have a workable solution for replacements.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rubber Feet needed

On 2/3/2012 12:00 PM, JackBNimble wrote:
I have a vintage WearEver cast aluminum citrus juicer needing
replacement rubber feet. The originals were a 7/16" (.4375) diameter
shoulder that fit into the base hole by 1/4" (.25) and the upper pad
part is an additional 1/4" higher that steps up to a 1/2" (.5) pad
diameter. This mfger is out of business and I am looking for a source
that may have a workable solution for replacements.

there are adhesive silicone feet available in big box stores (home
depot, etc). you can cut them down to the correct size, but you'll not
find any that are 1/2" thick. you may have to stack a couple.
Posted to alt.home.repair

JackBNimble wrote:
I have a vintage WearEver cast aluminum citrus juicer needing
replacement rubber feet. The originals were a 7/16" (.4375) diameter
shoulder that fit into the base hole by 1/4" (.25) and the upper pad
part is an additional 1/4" higher that steps up to a 1/2" (.5) pad
diameter. This mfger is out of business and I am looking for a source
that may have a workable solution for replacements.

Maybe rubber corks? Not hard to cut a shoulder on them - I do so for my
cane (tips) - and readily available at Ace Hardware, Maybe Lowes/HD too.
Actually, you probably wouldn't need to make a shoulder.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 3, 3:26*pm, chaniarts wrote:
On 2/3/2012 12:00 PM, JackBNimble wrote:

I have a vintage WearEver cast aluminum citrus juicer needing
replacement rubber feet. The originals were a 7/16" (.4375) diameter
shoulder that fit into the base hole by 1/4" (.25) and the upper pad
part is an additional 1/4" higher that steps up to a 1/2" (.5) pad
diameter. *This mfger is out of business and I am looking for a source
that may have a workable solution for replacements.

there are adhesive silicone feet available in big box stores (home
depot, etc). you can cut them down to the correct size, but you'll not
find any that are 1/2" thick. you may have to stack a couple.

I'd look for them at Lowes in the hardware section where
they have drawers of specialty fasteners, spacers, etc.
I think I've seen them there. Or could try online, Ebay, etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 3, 2:00*pm, JackBNimble
wrote:
I have a vintage WearEver cast aluminum citrus juicer needing
replacement rubber feet. The originals were a 7/16" (.4375) diameter
shoulder that fit into the base hole by 1/4" (.25) and the upper pad
part is an additional 1/4" higher that steps up to a 1/2" (.5) pad
diameter. *This mfger is out of business and I am looking for a source
that may have a workable solution for replacements.

--
JackBNimble

The hardware aisle of any home store should have numerous choices that
would work as replacements.

Unless they serve some other purpose than just "feet" why do they have
to be the exact size and shape?

Silicon adhesive, such as Dow 732, should hold just about any "foot"
onto the base.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#dow-corning...alants/=g3bm9o

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
JackBNimble wrote:

I have a vintage WearEver cast aluminum citrus juicer needing
replacement rubber feet. The originals were a 7/16" (.4375) diameter
shoulder that fit into the base hole by 1/4" (.25) and the upper pad
part is an additional 1/4" higher that steps up to a 1/2" (.5) pad
diameter. This mfger is out of business and I am looking for a source
that may have a workable solution for replacements.

Check this outfit:

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Good Luck!

Erik
Posted to alt.home.repair

JackBNimble wrote:
I have a vintage WearEver cast aluminum citrus juicer needing
replacement rubber feet. The originals were a 7/16" (.4375) diameter
shoulder that fit into the base hole by 1/4" (.25) and the upper pad
part is an additional 1/4" higher that steps up to a 1/2" (.5) pad
diameter. This mfger is out of business and I am looking for a source
that may have a workable solution for replacements.

http://www.allelectronics.com/index.... et&x=29&y=10

?

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 2/3/2012 1:00 PM, JackBNimble wrote:
I have a vintage WearEver cast aluminum citrus juicer needing
replacement rubber feet. The originals were a 7/16" (.4375) diameter
shoulder that fit into the base hole by 1/4" (.25) and the upper pad
part is an additional 1/4" higher that steps up to a 1/2" (.5) pad
diameter. This mfger is out of business and I am looking for a source
that may have a workable solution for replacements.

Local Ace has several drawers in the specialty hardware section of
bumpers/feet of various sizes/styles...if not them locally, _somebody_
is bound to have such an assortment.

If not precise match, bound to be something you can adapt (altho may
require the four to get a perfect height, but that should be simple enough).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/3/2012 2:00 PM, JackBNimble wrote:
I have a vintage WearEver cast aluminum citrus juicer needing
replacement rubber feet. The originals were a 7/16" (.4375) diameter
shoulder that fit into the base hole by 1/4" (.25) and the upper pad
part is an additional 1/4" higher that steps up to a 1/2" (.5) pad
diameter. This mfger is out of business and I am looking for a source
that may have a workable solution for replacements.

A glob of silicone caulk would work nicely...just turn it upside-down,
put on s.c., smooth to level the s.c., let cure. I have used it many
times to make "feet" for things that might scratch furniture. My
favorite trivets for hot dishes are ceramic floor tiles with little s.c.
feet.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 3, 7:21*pm, Norminn wrote:
On 2/3/2012 2:00 PM, JackBNimble wrote:

I have a vintage WearEver cast aluminum citrus juicer needing
replacement rubber feet. The originals were a 7/16" (.4375) diameter
shoulder that fit into the base hole by 1/4" (.25) and the upper pad
part is an additional 1/4" higher that steps up to a 1/2" (.5) pad
diameter. *This mfger is out of business and I am looking for a source
that may have a workable solution for replacements.

A glob of silicone caulk would work nicely...just turn it upside-down,
put on s.c., smooth to level the s.c., let cure. *I have used it many
times to make "feet" for things that might scratch furniture. *My
favorite trivets for hot dishes are ceramic floor tiles with little s.c.
feet.

Ive molded rubber feet from silicone and used a piece of cardboard
tube for a mold. Use more silicone to glue it on. Big globs take a
while to set up, maybe a week.

Jimmie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 3, 11:00*am, JackBNimble
wrote:
I have a vintage WearEver cast aluminum citrus juicer needing
replacement rubber feet. The originals were a 7/16" (.4375) diameter
shoulder that fit into the base hole by 1/4" (.25) and the upper pad
part is an additional 1/4" higher that steps up to a 1/2" (.5) pad
diameter. *This mfger is out of business and I am looking for a source
that may have a workable solution for replacements.

--
JackBNimble

check out ebay item number 260787015902

or others by the same seller

cheers
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

On eBay, search for "Rubber Push In Bumpers". Several sizes available,
eight for $1.99. I use them for kitchen appliances, lamps, and other things
around the house that periodically lose their little rubber feet.

"JackBNimble" wrote in message

I have a vintage WearEver cast aluminum citrus juicer needing
replacement rubber feet. The originals were a 7/16" (.4375) diameter
shoulder that fit into the base hole by 1/4" (.25) and the upper pad
part is an additional 1/4" higher that steps up to a 1/2" (.5) pad
diameter. This mfger is out of business and I am looking for a source
that may have a workable solution for replacements.

--
JackBNimble

Looking for 'rubber feet' Rick Hughes[_3_] UK diy 9 June 3rd 10 10:03 PM
RUBBER FEET No Name Home Repair 11 February 5th 10 02:42 AM
Melted Rubber Feet - How to Fix or Replace? Ellen[_2_] Home Repair 21 June 25th 09 11:34 PM
Ladder rubber feet David J UK diy 17 June 10th 09 07:54 PM
Rubber, vinyl, plastic feet for ladder. Perry Templeton Home Repair 2 September 16th 05 07:15 AM