Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default RUBBER FEET

I need a clever substitute !

It seems that every small appliance
comes with thes little press-in button feet.

I swear, someone comes at night and steals the damn things.
I've got everything from coffeemaker to humidifier
tottering on two or three "rubber buttons".

Every one's a different size, and my local ACE
has no replacement/substitutes.

I was thinking of a squirt of silicone gunk
in each hole. .... ( enough to make a "bump" )

???
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 2, 10:05*am, "RJ" wrote:
I need a clever substitute !

It seems that every small appliance
comes with thes little press-in button feet.

I swear, someone comes at night and steals the damn things.
I've got everything from coffeemaker to humidifier
tottering on two or three "rubber buttons".

Every one's a different size, and my local ACE
has no replacement/substitutes.

I was thinking of a squirt of silicone gunk
in each hole. .... ( enough to make a "bump" )

???

I have done that. Put a piece of wax paper underneath to keep
the"feet" from sticking and place the appliance right side up after
the silicon is partially set up. That way you will not get "rocking"
once the silicone is completely set up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 2, 11:05*am, "RJ" wrote:
I need a clever substitute !

It seems that every small appliance
comes with thes little press-in button feet.

I swear, someone comes at night and steals the damn things.
I've got everything from coffeemaker to humidifier
tottering on two or three "rubber buttons".

Every one's a different size, and my local ACE
has no replacement/substitutes.

I was thinking of a squirt of silicone gunk
in each hole. .... ( enough to make a "bump" )

???

When someone steals a rubber foot from one of my appliances, I toss
the whole thing and buy a new one. Doesn't everyone?

But seriously, folks...

I've used beveled plumbing washers epoxied into place. You might have
to pull the other 3 feet to get it even or at least 1 on the same side
as the missing one if an imperceptable "lean" wouldn't bother you.

I've got so many plumbing washers that don't have a matching faucet
that I've got to find other uses for them.

BTW...the worst appliance to lose 1 foot from is a breadmaker. Once it
starts tossing the dough around and wobbling at the same time, it can
be pretty annoying.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 2, 2:47*pm, wrote:
On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 09:33:49 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

wrote:
On Feb 2, 11:05*am, "RJ" wrote:
I need a clever substitute !

It seems that every small appliance
comes with these little press-in button feet.

I swear, someone comes at night and steals the damn things.
I've got everything from coffeemaker to humidifier
tottering on two or three "rubber buttons".

Every one's a different size, and my local ACE
has no replacement/substitutes.

I was thinking of a squirt of silicone gunk
in each hole. .... ( enough to make a "bump" )

???

When someone steals a rubber foot from one of my appliances, I toss
the whole thing and buy a new one. *Doesn't everyone?

But seriously, folks...

I've used beveled plumbing washers epoxied into place. You might have
to pull the other 3 feet to get it even or at least 1 on the same side
as the missing one if an imperceptible "lean" wouldn't bother you.

I've got so many plumbing washers that don't have a matching faucet
that I've got to find other uses for them.

BTW...the worst appliance to lose 1 foot from is a bread-maker. Once it
starts tossing the dough around and wobbling at the same time, it can
be pretty annoying.

Set it *on a folded towel.- Hide quoted text -

Folded towel. Yup; so long it is not the type of appliance that has a
vent/s on the bottom to vent electric motor cooling air.

Thinking out loud about certain lap top power supplies that overheated
when the computer was left on a surface such as bed, sofa cushion etc.

BTW for levelling and or non scratching certain feet replacement, we
have used those cork squares, which often come ten or more in a small
'kit' for a buck or two!. Occasionally using more than one if needing
to build them up. They come in different sizes and are often pre-
glued, peel and stick. The larger ones can have a hole cut in them (or
trimmed) to fit around a stud or foot that has been damaged or which
has lost its rubber insert.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Feb 2, 11:05*am, "RJ" wrote:
[...]

"Set it on a folded towel"

....everytime, or replace the foot once...which was my choice.

Posted to alt.home.repair

RJ wrote:
I need a clever substitute !

It seems that every small appliance
comes with thes little press-in button feet.

I swear, someone comes at night and steals the damn things.
I've got everything from coffeemaker to humidifier
tottering on two or three "rubber buttons".

Every one's a different size, and my local ACE
has no replacement/substitutes.

I was thinking of a squirt of silicone gunk
in each hole. .... ( enough to make a "bump" )

???

You can get stick-on feet at hardware stores. I keep a tube of clear
silicone on hand to make little pads for anything I want to place on a
delicate surface....lamps, ashtrays, nicknacks, etc. I bought some
floor tiles to use as trivets and put a dab of silicone caulk on the
bottom side at each corner so's they don't scratch our glass dining
table top.
Posted to alt.home.repair
rlz rlz is offline

On Feb 2, 11:53*am, wrote:
On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 10:20:53 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

wrote:
On Feb 2, 11:05*am, "RJ" wrote:
[...]

Genius!- Hide quoted text -

I would put down a piece of tin foil on the countertop. Turn the
appliance over and put a dab of hot-glue on where the old bumper used
to be. While the glue is still hot, turn the appliance back upright
and sit it on the tin foil. apply pressure on the opposite corner of
the hot glue unitl the glue cools. This should allow the glue to
flatten to the proper height in order to make the appliance level.
Once the glue has completely cooled, remove it from the tin foil.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Feb 2, 11:05 am, "RJ" wrote:
[...]

Dozens of online parts houses sell rubber feet in all sorts of sizes.
Back when there was still money in selling rebuilt used computers, I
used to have that problem all the time. You may have to replace all 4,
if you can't find an exact match. Hardest to replace are the screwed-on
feet, or the molded plastic feet, which love to shatter when they hit a
doorframe during a move.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Feb 2, 11:05 am, "RJ" wrote:
[...]

Why tin foil? Tin foil is very expensive. I would use aluminum foil.

TDD

Source of rubber feet for small tabletop appliances David Nebenzahl Home Repair 27 February 9th 16 04:01 PM
Melted Rubber Feet - How to Fix or Replace? Ellen[_2_] Home Repair 21 June 25th 09 11:34 PM
Ladder rubber feet David J UK diy 17 June 10th 09 07:54 PM
Rubber feet for stainless steel washing-up bowl? Jon UK diy 5 September 5th 06 07:28 AM
Rubber, vinyl, plastic feet for ladder. Perry Templeton Home Repair 2 September 16th 05 07:15 AM