Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default RUBBER FEET

On Feb 2, 12:47*pm, wrote:
On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 09:33:49 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

wrote:
On Feb 2, 11:05*am, "RJ" wrote:
I need a clever substitute !

It seems that every small appliance
comes with thes little press-in button feet.

I swear, someone comes at night and steals the damn things.
I've got everything from coffeemaker to humidifier
tottering on two or three "rubber buttons".

Every one's a different size, and my local ACE
has no replacement/substitutes.

I was thinking of a squirt of silicone gunk
in each hole. .... ( enough to make a "bump" )

???

When someone steals a rubber foot from one of my appliances, I toss
the whole thing and buy a new one. *Doesn't everyone?

But seriously, folks...

I've used beveled plumbing washers epoxied into place. You might have
to pull the other 3 feet to get it even or at least 1 on the same side
as the missing one if an imperceptable "lean" wouldn't bother you.

I've got so many plumbing washers that don't have a matching faucet
that I've got to find other uses for them.

BTW...the worst appliance to lose 1 foot from is a breadmaker. Once it
starts tossing the dough around and wobbling at the same time, it can
be pretty annoying.

Set it *on a folded towel.- Hide quoted text -

"Set it on a folded towel"

....everytime, or replace the foot once...which was my choice.