Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default RUBBER FEET

rlz wrote:
On Feb 2, 11:53 am, wrote:
On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 10:20:53 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

wrote:
On Feb 2, 12:47 pm, wrote:
On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 09:33:49 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:
On Feb 2, 11:05 am, "RJ" wrote:
I need a clever substitute !
It seems that every small appliance
comes with thes little press-in button feet.
I swear, someone comes at night and steals the damn things.
I've got everything from coffeemaker to humidifier
tottering on two or three "rubber buttons".
Every one's a different size, and my local ACE
has no replacement/substitutes.
I was thinking of a squirt of silicone gunk
in each hole. .... ( enough to make a "bump" )
???
When someone steals a rubber foot from one of my appliances, I toss
the whole thing and buy a new one. Doesn't everyone?
But seriously, folks...
I've used beveled plumbing washers epoxied into place. You might have
to pull the other 3 feet to get it even or at least 1 on the same side
as the missing one if an imperceptable "lean" wouldn't bother you.
I've got so many plumbing washers that don't have a matching faucet
that I've got to find other uses for them.
BTW...the worst appliance to lose 1 foot from is a breadmaker. Once it
starts tossing the dough around and wobbling at the same time, it can
be pretty annoying.
Set it on a folded towel.- Hide quoted text -
"Set it on a folded towel"
...everytime, or replace the foot once...which was my choice.

Genius!- Hide quoted text -

I would put down a piece of tin foil on the countertop. Turn the
appliance over and put a dab of hot-glue on where the old bumper used
to be. While the glue is still hot, turn the appliance back upright
and sit it on the tin foil. apply pressure on the opposite corner of
the hot glue unitl the glue cools. This should allow the glue to
flatten to the proper height in order to make the appliance level.
Once the glue has completely cooled, remove it from the tin foil.

Dozens of online parts houses sell rubber feet in all sorts of sizes.
Back when there was still money in selling rebuilt used computers, I
used to have that problem all the time. You may have to replace all 4,
if you can't find an exact match. Hardest to replace are the screwed-on
feet, or the molded plastic feet, which love to shatter when they hit a
doorframe during a move.

--
aem sends...