Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Round table edge protector

Nazi pig
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ah, that proves it. This thread has reached maturity.

"I will sell no whine before its time"

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"ng_reader" wrote in message
Nazi pig

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 18, 8:25*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I'm guessing that I could put some kind of tape on, but rigging a dip tank
is beyond what I can get permission to do.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

Your best bet is to buy
http://www.plastidip.com/industrial_solutions/F820, mask the top of
the table, and apply it to the edges. It will be much cheaper than any
of the plastic edging products, and of course it is much better than
duct tape.

Since it can be used as a dip, you might want to consider building a
jig with a trough.

Something where you could mount the tables and then spin them through
the trough, coating the first few inches, top and bottom.

I don't know if the product drips, but if it doesn't, a little time
spent building the jig might make the coating of 25 tables easier and
produce a more uniform outcome.

Maybe a length of gutter just a bit longer than the circumference of
the tables. Lift them into the gutter and roll them along.

You can get a 10' section of vinyl gutter and 2 end caps for under $15
at Lowes.

- Cut the cutter to whatever length you need to fit the edge of the
table in, shouldn't be more than a couple of feet.
- Install your end caps
- Prop it up in such a manner as to keep it from tipping.
- Pour in a couple of inches of coating
- Put the edge of the table in and with the help of a fellow church
member, slowly spin the table in place.
- Have another helper on hand to add more coating to the gutter as
needed.

Again, all of this is suggested even though I have no idea what the
consistency of the coating is. It may be too runny to use in the
method proposed, resulting in messy drips as you spin the table.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

[...]

it is very thick liquid. it does drip a bit after dipping something into
it,and does take a bunch of dips to build up any thickness. it is also
very expensive for the amount you get (circa $6 for a can 1/2 the size
of a tennis ball can). there's be an incredible amount of wastage to do
task with this product.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 16, 3:23*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
*At church, we have 25 round tables, with folding legs. The edges are
getting beat up, from being rolled to and fro. Table about 5 feet diameter,
edge is maybe 1 1/2 inches wide. I'm thinking there has to be some way to
patch this. I did think of duct tape, but that would look a bit off, for a
church.

Must have happened to someone, before. What can be done inexpensively? The
tables are "scheduled" to be replaced, but the budget is way down.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

You have been very vague as to the nature of the damage done to these
tables... The PLASTIC tables have no "edging" on them, the edge of
the
table is rounded over and integral to the top -- it is all one single
piece of
plastic with all the metal leg frames and reinforcing frame attached
directly
to the single piece of the table...

How do you fix rough edges on these tables which have been worn down
from being "rolled" on the floor:

First don't roll them around on a dirty floor...
Don't roll them around on any flooring surface other than carpeting...

Second, sharp edges can be sanded down...
You can then use either epoxy or automotive body filler to fill any
holes...
Sand the epoxy or automotive body filler smooth and stop rolling the
tables around...

There is nothing you could buy to simply attach to the outer rim of
these
tables to repair the edge as there is no groove in them like the
folding
tables made out of particle board with either laminate or contact
paper
surfacing, there is no added "bumper" edge...

Two people can move a table more safely than one person rolling a
table by themselves...

If you are finding it difficult to repair the tables, then perhaps you
could simply purchase some heavy work gloves for people to use
while handling the tables instead...

~~ Evan