Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Painting Ceiling Tile

My next project is to paint a large room in our house. The ceiling is
covered with a type of fiberboard tile with a finish that is made to
look like wood grain. The finish is an off white color, so it looks
like the bark on a white birch tree, sort of. The tiles interlock,
toungue-and-groove, and are of different lengths and widths, so that
it looks like the ceiling is covered with planks.

In one area, the tiles are water stained from when a radiator leaked
on the floor above. I don't want to tear down and replace the whole
ceiling, so I'd like to paint the ceiling and was thinking of some
sort of sealer, like Bullseye White Shellac. Anyone have a better
idea?

painting a ceiling alecgreen UK diy 17 February 19th 09 11:27 AM
suspended ceiling or ceiling tile Scot Home Repair 10 December 21st 06 01:31 AM
ceramic tile on ceiling - I don't want tile there anymore! moosictchr Home Repair 6 November 26th 06 01:37 PM
Painting Ceiling Juan C. Reyes Home Repair 4 June 19th 05 12:43 AM
Painting of ceiling... Marcus Fox UK diy 2 November 7th 03 07:15 PM