Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Powergenix AA battery thoughts

I've got a few Powergenix, and the charger to go with. Seem to be sold only
in AA cells. But, that's fine. I use a lot of AA cells.

Problem is, that once in a while a device (digicam, flash light or PC
speakers) I'll notice the device is going weak. Turns out that one cell is
dead, the other 1 or 3 are fine.

The company did write back, if the cell is less than 1.1 volts, it's
probably permanantly damaged.

Yesterday, I opened a pack of 8 cells that I'd bought off Ebay, maybe a year
ago. Three of the cells were DOA. Perhaps those are not going to be very
good as batteries? Maybe they don't keep a charge for a year?

What's anyone else's experience?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org