Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Powergenix battery question

Well, at least they are used "in" the home.

I've had mixed results with these. Some cells last a long
time. Others go dead faster. For example, the amplified
speaker for my PC, I just changed the batteries. Two were
stone cold dead, two were well charged.

The one email I got from them, the fellow wrote that if they
dropped below 1.1 volts, the cell would be damaged. So, the
two ones which came out dead, are likely damaged.

I'm thinking that it would be wise to charge them on
schedule (every week?) rather than waiting for them to go
dead. Has anyone else got experience with these batteries?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Posted to alt.home.repair
zek zek is offline

On Feb 21, 12:07*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Well, at least they are used "in" the home.

I've had mixed results with these. Some cells last a long
time. Others go dead faster. For example, the amplified
speaker for my PC, I just changed the batteries. Two were
stone cold dead, two were well charged.

The one email I got from them, the fellow wrote that if they
dropped below 1.1 volts, the cell would be damaged. So, the
two ones which came out dead, are likely damaged.

I'm thinking that it would be wise to charge them on
schedule (every week?) rather than waiting for them to go
dead. Has anyone else got experience with these batteries?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

Don't know about these. Some cells discharge but most do very
little self discharging.

Like my 48 year Johnson walkie-talkies. The nicads
are original. Every couple years I charge, but one unit has NEVER
failed
to turn on, even left sitting for years.

greg

Posted to alt.home.repair

48 years ago, that's 1963? Would these be
citizens band, or what?

How much chit chat time do you get off a
charge? When I had a CB walkie and nicads,
I'd figure about an hour of chit chat.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus