Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Default Battery Question

CR2025

What is the series resistance new? I can't seem to locate a real
specification anywhere.

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/battery/oem/images/pdf/Panasonic_Lithium_CR2016_CR2025.pdf

Cheers

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message news
CR2025

What is the series resistance new? I can't seem to locate a real
specification anywhere.

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Jim Thompson wrote:
CR2025

What is the series resistance new? I can't seem to locate a real
specification anywhere.

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

JT,

its going to be Voc/Isc id pulse test it to be accurate.

Marc
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Thu, 10 May 2007 16:42:48 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

CR2025

What is the series resistance new? I can't seem to locate a real
specification anywhere.

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

I have a used CR2025. It's not completely dead, with open circuit voltage
of 2.8 volts. I also have a brand new CR2016 and CR2032. The CR2016 is
thinner than the CR2025 and the CR2032 is thicker than the CR2025. I
measured the impedances of all three and got these results:

Frequency CR2016 CR2025 CR2032

20 Hz 63.5 92.6 9.1
100 Hz 58.0 82.6 7.9
1 KHz 47.0 48.0 7.1
10 KHz 18.9 33.0 4.9
100 KHz 4.8 29.2 3.2
1 MHz 2.6 27.4 2.6

The measurement was done with 10 mV across the cell, and the impedances are
given in ohms.

I would guess that a new CR2025 might lie between the CR2016 and the
CR2032.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

CR2025

What is the series resistance new? I can't seem to locate a real
specification anywhere.

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

The data sheet doesn't provide that specific detail but it does
suggest that further info can be requested.
http://www.maxell.co.jp/e/products/i..._DataSheet.pdf

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

[...]

Nice testing there. What instrument(s) did you use?

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message news
CR2025

What is the series resistance new? I can't seem to locate a real
specification anywhere.

Panasonic used to have data. Check:
http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/battery/oem/

I've drawn 180+ mA out of a CR2032 and ended up with a reasonable lifespan.
Application was a little demo card with a bunch of
LED's controlled with a AVR uC . The capacity specs are actually pretty
accurate, even for really low draws. I have a machine that used a big AA
sized lithium cell, and I didn't have replacement, so I soldered the wires
to a new Panasonic CR3032 (we had a ton in stock). About a year and a half
later, the battery died - surprised at the short life I measured the current
draw - it worked out that the battery was to be dead right around that time!

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Fri, 11 May 2007 08:32:37 -0400, "Oppie" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Wayne-Kerr 6440B. See the images on ABSE.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

CR2025

What is the series resistance new? I can't seem to locate a real
specification anywhere.

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

I knew that if I looked for one, I would find a CR2025 still in the
package.

Herewith the impedance and phase of that impedance for a new CR2025.

It's quite a bit better than the used one I measured last night.

Attached Thumbnails
Battery Question-cr2025_impedance-png  Battery Question-cr2025_phase-png
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

"The Phantom"
"Oppie"

Frequency CR2016 CR2025 CR2032

20 Hz 63.5 92.6 9.1
100 Hz 58.0 82.6 7.9
1 KHz 47.0 48.0 7.1
10 KHz 18.9 33.0 4.9
100 KHz 4.8 29.2 3.2
1 MHz 2.6 27.4 2.6

The measurement was done with 10 mV across the cell, and the impedances
are given in ohms.

Nice testing there. What instrument(s) did you use?

Wayne-Kerr 6440B. See the images on ABSE.

** What a " wank err " !!!! ( pun intended )

http://www.waynekerrtest.com/global/...430%206440.htm

I found impedance figures near identical to those given for the CR2032 (
using a new example of same ) with just my bench sine wave generator, a
scope and a few low value resistors.

........ Phil

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

"The Phantom"
"Oppie"

Frequency CR2016 CR2025 CR2032

20 Hz 63.5 92.6 9.1
100 Hz 58.0 82.6 7.9
1 KHz 47.0 48.0 7.1
10 KHz 18.9 33.0 4.9
100 KHz 4.8 29.2 3.2
1 MHz 2.6 27.4 2.6

The measurement was done with 10 mV across the cell, and the impedances
are given in ohms.

Nice testing there. What instrument(s) did you use?

Wayne-Kerr 6440B. See the images on ABSE.

** What a " wank err " !!!! ( pun intended )

http://www.waynekerrtest.com/global/...430%206440.htm

I found impedance figures near identical to those given for the CR2032 (
using a new example of same ) with just my bench sine wave generator, a
scope and a few low value resistors.

Car battery question Mitch Home Repair 37 March 30th 07 12:17 AM
12V dry battery question TimPerry Electronics Repair 2 March 14th 06 03:01 PM
battery question SteveB Metalworking 5 December 11th 05 04:09 PM
Battery question! Eric Electronics Repair 7 January 7th 05 05:41 PM
alarm system battery backup, battery replacement question Michael Baugh Home Repair 1 June 19th 04 03:35 PM