Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Jeff L Jeff L is offline

Default Battery Question

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message news
CR2025

What is the series resistance new? I can't seem to locate a real
specification anywhere.

Panasonic used to have data. Check:
http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/battery/oem/

I've drawn 180+ mA out of a CR2032 and ended up with a reasonable lifespan.
Application was a little demo card with a bunch of
LED's controlled with a AVR uC . The capacity specs are actually pretty
accurate, even for really low draws. I have a machine that used a big AA
sized lithium cell, and I didn't have replacement, so I soldered the wires
to a new Panasonic CR3032 (we had a ton in stock). About a year and a half
later, the battery died - surprised at the short life I measured the current
draw - it worked out that the battery was to be dead right around that time!

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |