Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Screw Plastic Bucket Connector??????

I am looking for ideas for a connector to draw fluid out of a 5-gallon plastic bucket. The liquid, a silicone resin, is quite viscous. I've made threaded fittings for the extendable, disposable spout and cap, but a fragile thing like that eventually leaks. I'm leaning toward a permanent fitting attached to the disposable lid (which tends not to leak when the bucket is inverted for use), but I'd rather have something that doesn't require removing the lid.

I recall using a fitting for a plastic container that consisted of a sharp, screw-threaded end with a hole through the blade that was "punched" into the plastic and turned, and the threads would force the back end of the threaded portion (that had a rubber washer) firmly up against the plastic surface. Even with a thin material like water or turpentine, it didn't leak. It was removed when the bucket was empty and used for the next bucket.

Anyone know where I might get SOME device for quick and leak-free connection to a disposable, 5-gallon plastic bucket? Or any other ideas?

Mark

Special Screw/Connector Rod UK diy 16 January 6th 09 08:06 PM
OT? Metal or plastic bucket for man lift nick hull Metalworking 9 November 1st 08 03:19 PM
Tape for screw joints on water connector to washing machine? Chris S UK diy 7 April 25th 08 09:51 PM
Genie Garage door opener Screw Drive Connector timwilson Home Repair 0 January 28th 08 11:23 PM
16 Pin Plastic Connector Make : Hirose [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 October 12th 07 11:18 AM