Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Screw Plastic Bucket Connector??????

On 1/4/2012 9:05 AM, gmark wrote:
I am looking for ideas for a connector to draw fluid out of a
5-gallon plastic bucket. The liquid, a silicone resin, is quite
viscous. ...I'd rather have something that doesn't require removing the lid.

I recall using a fitting for a plastic container that consisted of a
sharp, screw-threaded end with a hole through the blade...

Anyone know where I might get SOME device for quick and leak-free

connection to a disposable, 5-gallon plastic bucket? Or any other ideas?

I've got one similar to this in a bucket of SAE90 for small gearboxes...

http://www.petcarerx.com/catalog/productdetails.aspx?pid=14549&&id=1776

if the dispensed volume at a time isn't large.

Otherwise, you could go to the pumps, either hand or even air...

http://www.nextag.com/Vestil-Manual-Drum-and-789663195/prices-html

I know the device of which you're thinking; I don't have a source
offhand, though.

I think one could manufacture one from a piece of 3/8" or 1/2" pipe
(start w/ a threaded nipple, cut on diagonal and sharpen, add a locking
ring/gasket) or copper (use a threaded fitting/solder connection and
repeat above general idea) if push came to shove...